Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jenny A
Brisbane, Australia

What a beautiful tropical resort

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Apr 2024
Highly recommend the Ramada at Port Douglas, what a beautiful tropical resort to stay at, we loved it sooo much. The room was huge and luxurious and had a full sized kitchen which made it a wonderful place to base our holiday. The restaurant and bar by the pool was so relaxing and the foods we experienced were of high quality and fresh. We loved it and would stay again.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: It's the perfect spot to relax and enjoy and the bus shuttle services are prompt and help you get...
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    AU$999
1.6 km from Ramada Resort by Wyndham Port Douglas
View more hotels in Port Douglas
1,458 results
All reviews swim up bar pool area barramundi shuttle bus four mile beach hotel room minute drive town centre the main street rainforest port queensland tours units dishwasher
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2024

Great resort, close to Port Douglas with bike hire facilities. Amazing pool and swim up bar! Breakfast was great with a good choice of lunch and evening meals if you don’t want to make the journey to town. We took an Uber into town on several occasions which only cost around $11, good value for 4 people!

Date of stay: January 2024
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 January 2024

Pros:
Great pool set amongst the rainforest. Built the cafe around the trees.
Double room lovely for a family of 4 and excellent room service.
Happy hour (wine and Jack Daniel) is 15 aud.
Beautiful walkway in centre of hotel with wildlife
At reception staff members inform you of local outings and sailing companies that are family friendly
Close to town if you have a car but long walk if you don’t

Cons:
Hotel is slightly dated
Swim up bar no one attends
Spa looks old from exterior
When I couldn’t drive in to Port Douglas on the first night, it was 2200 and I got stuck 33 K from destination due to rain and flooding. Lady at reception had no empathy and it was a case of not my problem try again. I just felt, if the roles were reversed and she was with her family, I would have been more understanding. I had to drive back to Cairns that night. This happens to many families in the wet season. Be warned.

Overall, I’ve enjoyed my stay here and would come again.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2024 via mobile

Look, it’s okay. But it doesn’t suit our needs as a family and we won’t be back.

Firstly - the hard sell of the time share. The minute you check in, you’re invited to a glass of champagne and to “complete the check in process”. I have three young children in the car waiting, so I was able to use this as my excuse and bail out. Then every time I pop back to the counter it’s mentioned that I haven’t “had my glass of champagne and finished checking in”.

Management take note: People don’t want to be bothered with this on their holiday - for those that do, put a sign out and let them come to you! The facilities mind you, are just okay - so if I were to look into a time share - it wouldn’t be here.

The rooms to be fair, are spacious, well appointed, modern and appear freshly renovated. The beds are comfortable and there was a full kitchen and two full bathrooms in our apartment. All of the furnishings looked new and modern. There’s no balcony however, others have mentioned this, but also, no washing machine or dryer. So how do you dry wet pool towels / bathers? You can hang them on the inside line but they never dry, leaving you with constantly damp, soggy pool togs laying around.

I chose to do a nightly trek down to the onsite laundry and use the machines (for $10 a pop mind you) so that we would have dry togs/towels for the next day. Like again, it’s fine, but just another minor inconvenience that takes away from what should be a relaxing holiday.

The pool. The reason we booked this hotel. The pictures are very deceiving and make it look like a big long lazy river style pool. It’s not. And it’s much smaller than they make it seem, and with the dining tables on one side, and the pool chairs on the other, you very much feel like you’re fish in a fish bowl being watched constantly.

The partial “room service”… why bother? The housekeeping basically just come in, make your bed and leave. They don’t take any of the rubbish away, or clean anything / vacuum etc. It’s just odd.

Then the “beach access” which is just a path to a deserted neighbourhood street (and it’s a couple of blocks to the actual beach).

Overall, it’s not bad, but could be improved, and for us, we won’t be back. Pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

Side note: we found a cafe because of these reviews on the last day and it’s gorgeous. Do yourself a favour and head to St Crispins cafe, it’s so gorgeous and peaceful.

Room tip: Check out St Crispin’s cafe. It’s gorgeous. And if you have kids, the Hartley’s Crocodile Tour was great.
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kirstyandsav
Hani Daher, General Manager at Ramada Resort by Wyndham Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2024

Sorry to read that the Ramada Port Douglas wasn't the destination for you.
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and comments.

Reviewed 21 November 2023

Hotel is so nice, I like the wooden pathways that leads to your hotel room and to the pool. Room is big and clean. The shutlle bus $10 round trip makes it easier to go to town. Bike are free to use so try to explore outside and come back in the hotel and eat ice cream.

Date of stay: November 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hani Daher, General Manager at Ramada Resort by Wyndham Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2023

We are very delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience.
We hope to see you return to Ramada Resort by Wyndham Port Douglas soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2023 via mobile

We stayed at Ramada resort for three nights. The rooms are built around a courtyard with lots of lush tropical plants, small rippling pools with fish, and a mid sized swimming pool. We ate at the restaurant every night and found the food and the service pretty good. It wasn’t haute cuisine with no pretension or aspiration to be anything but middle class tucker, but well prepared. Tables are well spaced in a semi open area. All the staff are very pleasant. Our room was airy and fairly large, but a bit dark given the trees and its position. Wi-Fi was a little slow but worked well. The resort is also close the famous beach.
My only gripes are as follows: there appeared to be only one lift and we had a long walk from the front door to its entrance. And then another long walk down the corridor to get to our room. I rang the resort to book our accommodation rather than booking online as I wanted to stress to the person I spoke to that my husband has a disability which renders walking difficult. This clearly fell on deaf ears.
Gripe #2: While you are there you will be approached by a very friendly woman who will offer you $100 plus dining discounts if you’d be willing to attend a 90 minute presentation designed to ‘publicize Wyndham resorts world wide.’ Naively I thought this was a pretty good deal, although I did wonder why such publicity would take so long. Long story short - this is a hard sell designed to promote time share properties at Wyndham resorts. Had the very nice woman mentioned ‘time share’ I would have refused. As it was it resulted in a lot of embarrassment and annoyance (from me) and very pissed off presenters because they obviously deduced I was there under false pretences. And they were right, as we have absolutely no interest in time share properties.
Having said all that we would go again. It’s just a really nice place.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hani Daher, General Manager at Ramada Resort by Wyndham Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2023

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and comments.
We apologies for not meeting your expectations with your room allocation,
and that you did not find the presentation informative and helpful on how you could be
on a vacation with your family every year.
We hope to see you return in the near future.