“5 star diving in GBR!”

Blue Dive Port Douglas
Ranked #1 of 80 Tours in Port Douglas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Copied regularly but never beaten. Learn to scuba dive in affordable luxury with the premier 5 Star PADI Dive Resort in Port Douglas. Superb privately guided outer reef scuba diving day trips for both qualified and non-qualified divers. Cruise out to the unrivalled and pristine Agincourt Ribbon Reefs in style on Poseidon, the sleek, high speed catamaran. Trips can also go on Calypso to the Opal Reefs. Excellent group discounts available. The professional and friendly team at Blue Dive are deeply committed to bringing safe, quality and personal dive guiding and instruction - to all our guests. Maximum of 5 on all PADI courses. Luxury private charters too. Blue Adventure Wildlife Tours is our sister company offering superb wildlife and photography tours to compliment your diving days.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go with Blue Dive with our first dive in the Great Barrier Reef. Based on the incredible reviews from tripadvisor, I can now see why they are so amazing!!! We booked a Privately Guided trip with Seb (from Quebec) who was absolutely wonderful!!! We could have not asked for a better guide. I’m so happy that we had a private guide, you definitely have more freedom to tour and you’re on and off the boat fairly quickly. But that’s not to say that guided groups are bad, it’s just a smaller and more personally tailored experience. Whether, you’re a pro or have very little experience, booking a private tour is well worth it. I also have to say, I was quite impressed with how incredibly efficient Poseidon is. This is a pretty large boat that accommodates a lot of certified divers, snorkellers, including intro-scuba diving all 80 something people aboard .
You would never know it though. We were actually a bit worried about the amount of people when we were booking, but they clearly have done this many many times before. Blue Dive is extremely professional and very well organized. The lunch buffet was pretty great as well, plenty of food with quite a lot of options.
A BIG thank you to our Canadian Guide Seb for taking us on the most incredible 3 dives we’ve ever had!!! You were amazing the whole day! I cannot express how grateful we are to you for taking us out ,and for also taking the most Breathtaking photos of our dives!!!!
I highly recommend Seb and Blue Dive to anyone for an incredible experience in the Great Barrier Reef!

2  Thank Jackievuk
BlueDivePortDouglas, Guide at Blue Dive Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Lovely comments many thanks.

Mark, Blue Dive/Blue Adventures Wildlife Tours.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"explained everything"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Our experience taking an introductory dive with Sam from Blue Dive was great!
We had taken a cheaper intro dive with another operator in Cairns a couple of days prior and the difference was like night and day.
I had trouble clearing my mask and Sam was incredibly patient and supportive - we eventually got under the waves and the day was a success. Seb was also on the boat, and although he was not our instructor, was happy to give me a few tips to get over the hurdle.
All in all, I felt very safe and think these guys are very professional.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We would highly recommend Blue Dive! Seb is an amazing instructor!! He ensured we were comfortable and safe the whole trip. We had a blast!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Wow - diving with Blue Dive was by far the best decision we made when we went to Port Douglas. Our instructor Seb (from Quebec) was extremely knowledgeable on dive safety and eased all fears we had. He made us feel so safe underwater, and was an absolute blast to be around! It was so beneficial to have a guide specific to us and I would highly recommend it. We also had the pleasure of Sam joining us - he was equally as knowledgeable and awesome!

BlueDivePortDouglas, Manager at Blue Dive Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Great to hear thanks Alex.