Review Highlights
Excellent fun for all ages

Our three children; 13, 10 and 3 all thoroughly enjoyed their experience riding with Star, Bucks... read more

Reviewed 23 September 2020
756christiew
Amazing experience!! 🥰🥰🥰

Thank you Mandy, our 2 girls had the pleasure to ride Buck and Star today. An amazing experience... read more

Reviewed 14 July 2020
352trudys

Recommended experiences in and around Port Douglas
from USD 118.78
from USD 201.59
from USD 160.99
from USD 202.30
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2019

I am twelve and my sister is ten, we love horses and we were looking for somewhere to ride on our holiday. We were warmly welcomed with Mandy's kind greetings. She had helmets for every size head and safe equipment to use around her horses. With all her horses she had one for every ability rider. She could cater for anyone, from the most confident to someone who has never even seen a horse in their life. She made our riding experience the best we have ever had, we learned so much and would love to go back. I highly recommend going out to her ranch if you are in the Port Douglas region. Thank you for an amazing experience!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank G6549TZterrih
Mandy H, Owner at Port Douglas Horse Riding, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2019

It was so lovely having you all and you were both so talented and easy to teach big hugs keep it up ❤️

Reviewed 23 April 2019 via mobile

My wife and two boys (9 and 7) had a great time during their lesson with Mandy this afternoon. Boys had little experience riding before but felt extremely comfortable with their horses Star and Buck. They got an introduction to horsemanship and then moved on to practising rising trot. While the boys had their intro my wife got to ride on her own in the sand arena on lovely Beau. Later all three had great fun doing pony club style games. Such a wonderful experience. Highly recommend it for beginners and experienced riders alike. Fantastic teacher and great responsive horses. All the best to Mandy and her wonderful gang of horses. We’ll definitely be back if we are in the area again!

1  Thank Radinck v
Mandy H, Owner at Port Douglas Horse Riding, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2019

Thank you for coming, and I hope the boys keep up with their riding, and your wife gets to ride her beautiful horse soon. Hope to see you again some day kind regards

Reviewed 15 April 2019 via mobile

Mandy was recommended to me by a shop owner in Port Douglas and I am so pleased to say, she and her horses are true gems! I was visiting Australia for Springbreak and was lucky enough to get to spend several hours at Mandy’s beautiful farm. I have been riding most of my life but haven’t had the opportunity to ride in almost a year. Mandy was terrific and her horses are truly lovely! She taught me a dressage lesson and was patient, knowledgeable and excellent at helping me get myself “back in the saddle again!” My favorite day in Australia for sure! Thank you so much Mandy!!

Reviewed 11 April 2019

Our 8 year old daughter was trotting and doing little jumps by the end of the hour and she's never even been near a horse before that session.She was on a high all day afterwards. Gentle horses. Most impressed with Mandy's instruction. Would do it again.

Date of experience: April 2019
Mandy H, Owner at Port Douglas Horse Riding, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2019

Thanks I think She May have the bug!! She loved Buck ❤️

Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

Our 7yr old daughter arrived with a smile and left with an even bigger one. Mandy gave her a 1hr private session and she definitely learnt a lot in that time. Mandy was kind and patient (infact so was her horse, Star)! If you visit, make sure you take a bunch of carrots as a thanks for the ride, your horse will be very grateful!!

Date of experience: February 2019
Mandy H, Owner at Port Douglas Horse Riding, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2019

I’m glad she had fun it was nice to meet you all