Review Highlights
Great dive learning experience

We wanted our three children (12, 14 and 17 year olds) to learn how to dive in a fantastic location... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
markoO6286VZ
A life changing experience.

Scuba IQ gave me the opportunity to to fulfil a lifelong dream - to learn to scuba dive. After... read more

Reviewed 21 July 2021

from USD 201.46
from USD 100.45
from USD 194.23
More Info
All reviews padi open water an excellent instructor dive experience amazing experience certification michael learning skills dives gbr field equipment company knowledge boat reef sharks
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2019 via mobile

Martin dived with us for 2 separate days, totalling 6 individual dives on different points on the reef. Right from when we first met him he was very professional whilst still making us feel completely comfortable, laughing and going along with our jokes. Once on the boat he made sure the best seating was reserved for us and made sure my mum and sister were okay (recommending sea sickness tablets that worked brilliantly!). He was really friendly whilst staying very professional. Everything ran smoothly, & if I was ever in port Douglas again I would love to meet up again even if it's just for a quick skoona! Great experience and great guy!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank Zak R
MartinC6154, Owner at Scuba IQ, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2019

Dear Zak,

please forgive my delay in responding but first of all, thanks a lot for the review and of course to your lovely family for diving with us back at Xmas time.

I would probably have to say that the best moment was when we made that incredible drift dive through the "fish storm" at Opal Reef - not bad for your sister's first dive as a newly certified diver!

I hope that you are all well over there and really hope for the opportunity to meet-up with you all again, be it here in Port Douglas for more diving or maybe over your way at some point.

Thanks again Zak and all the best

Reviewed 18 January 2019

Martin took my family and I out to the great barrier reef for two dives last month. He was knowledgeable, kind, and accommodating. After the dives, he spent about two hours with my cousins and I going over fish species and camera techniques. This was easily my favorite diving experience that I have had and I could not recommend him more.

Date of experience: December 2018
MartinC6154, Owner at Scuba IQ, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2019

Hi Alison,

the time has flown since the private charter I had the pleasure of taking you and your wonderful family on, aboard 'Monsoon' a couple of months back.
It was such an awesome trip especially as we got to dive a couple of spots that we normally can't reach on our regular tours.
I'm sure that the highlight for you all was the manta ray spotted on what we now call 'Manta Bommie' . It's a rare treat to spot these beasts so I was pleased that you had the chance.

Thanks again Alison and we wish nothing but awesome diving for you in the future!

Cheers

Reviewed 26 December 2018

Me and my wife have taken Nitrox Diving Course with Scuba IQ in October 2018. It was great! A lot of fun and very professional service. Actually Scuba IQ was the only school we could find that offered smth different from standard PADI Open Water and PADI Advanced Open Water Courses. Special thanks to our instructor Martin for his patient and rigorous approach during the instruction and diving itself. The equipment (both the gear and the boat) was great and new. And of course the nature of the Outer Barrier Reef is fanatic! Something special and unforgettable! Overall I would recommend Scuba IQ for those who is looking for a great diving experience in Port Douglas and especially who is seeking personal approach (unlike wholesale attitude of the big companies).

Date of experience: October 2018
MartinC6154, Owner at Scuba IQ, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2019

Hi!

thanks for this excellent review of your time with us, completing your PADI Enriched Air/Nitrox course!

Being able to offer a course like this - "something different", as you mention; is also a lot of fun for us too, and we're glad that you enjoyed yourselves so much.

Thanks again Sergey!

Reviewed 7 December 2018 via mobile

I had an great time compleating my open water course with Martin. The location speaks for itself and Martin made sure that the sessions were not only informative but highly enjoyable. Overall an amazing experience.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 6 December 2018

Martin proved to be not only a fantastic diving guide and instructor, he is also a genuinely friendly, intelligent, and interesting guy. I first booked a one day (3 dive) trip with Scuba IQ for a scuba refresher and to avoid the giant groups descending into the reef with the large tour operators. It ended up being a private lesson and two private guided dives because nobody else was scheduled for that day. Being of high integrity, Martin did not increase the fee for the day over the standard price as some operators have done to me in the past.
It is obvious that Martin genuinely loves scuba diving, and that enthusiasm is contagious. I couldn't help but book an impromptu second day of diving to earn credit towards the Advanced Open Water certificate. This was partly because I found it so enjoyable, but partly to just get back out on the reef with a terrific dive partner in an awesome dive location.
The tours generally operate off of the Calypso dive boat, but don't be alarmed by the size of the boat or the hoardes of people that may be boarding before you. With Martin, I felt like I was always being personally looked after, with safety a top priority, but having fun not being far behind.
In summary, I can't thank Martin enough for the experience, and for being an inspiration to continue advancing my recreational dive training.

Date of experience: November 2018