“A let down!”

2 Fish Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 133 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the Coconut Grove Complex on Macrossan Street Port Douglas, 2 Fish Restaurant is one of Port Douglas' premier award-winning restaurants, with a reputation for an innovative and creative approach to modern seafood cuisine and professional friendly staff. 2 Fish Restaurant has won multiple Restaurant and Catering Awards, the most recent National winner for 2016 Best Seafood Restaurant in Australia and Australian Good Food Guide Reader's Choice Awards in 2016 and 2017. Head Chef Adam Ion has created an exciting and mouth watering menu that showcases the best and freshest of local Tropical North Queensland produce. 2 Fish Restaurant specialises in offering the broadest selection of tropical reef fish in Port Douglas. 2 Fish Front of House Manager Restaurant Manager Phoebe Smith and her dedicated staff are there to guide you through your menu selection and extensive wine list and attend to every detail to make your dining experience at 2 Fish a memorable one. 2 Fish Restaurant Port Douglas is the perfect place to taste the exotic pleasures of Port, watching the world go by while enjoying a relaxed lunch, dinner and drinks or holding a memorable wedding reception, special event or corporate function.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have previously visited 2 Fish and have written very positive reviews in the past. However, we were very disappointed this time round. We had Chowder which is well explained on the menu - but the chowder that arrived was nothing like the description on the menu. It had 6 clams, was full of corn and peas, had no mussels and very limited fish.
The Line Fish was Mahi Mahi which was tasty but measured 5 cm's by 5 cm's in size, with a couple of croutons, asparagus stalks (I think) and some sauce. That was it!
So, really disappointing!

2  Thank Amanda C

Reviewed 5 April 2018

2 Fish is one of the more prestigious restaurants in Port Douglas and its food quality will not disappoint.

Staff knowledge of the menu and wine options can be hit and miss, but there’s always a floor manager or a senior staff member who can come over to your table and sort things out.

On our visit we chose the tasting menu – from memory it was $80 per person and $115 with their selected wines. We didn’t take the wine option, but I suspect the wine deal would have represented good value. We just happened to see a bottle of one of our favourites on the wine list so decided to stick with that for the meal.

The best thing about a tasting menu is you often get to try meals you wouldn’t normally order. The tasting menu meal cannot be faulted. Ours started with oysters, then moved onto a tuna tartare. This is something I would never have considered ordering, but it was delicious and I will be ordering it again when I return to 2 Fish.

Two other highlights of the tasting menu included the barramundi and the panna cotta dessert.

2 Fish was very busy the night we were there and I have seen it full on other nights so I would recommend making a booking.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We booked for a table of five and the entire experience was fantastic. The service was equivalent to Melbourne standards in a high end restaurant. The food was faultless.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We felt fortunate to get an early reservation for four on a rainy Friday night. Each of us loved what we had. My husband, a calamari connoisseur, raved about his calamari entree. I enjoyed my first experience with oysters kilpatrick and we both loved the barramundi main. Very nice ambience and service.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here Easter Monday and regretted our choice. Entrees so disappointing no flavour and seafood and other produce very low quality. The haloumi entree was pitiful. We cancelled our main courses immediately. Lift your quality 2 Fish. By the way the staff were lovely.

1  Thank amanda039
Meg O, General Manager at 2 Fish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for posting your review. We take all feedback seriously. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. I can assure you however that our produce is of the highest quality, sourced fresh daily from local suppliers, who service all Port Douglas restaurants and cafes. I'm happy that you found our staff lovely as they are all very professional and dedicated to creating happy dining experiences for our guests.