Open today: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
GBR Reef Census - best outer GBR experience by far

Just completed our contribution to Citizen Science with Michelle,Tony, and the amazing Spirit of... read more

Reviewed 5 December 2020
sgrimmett1965
Canberra, Australia
via mobile
Ready Eat Dive!

My wife, daughter and I did the 4-day Coral Sea adventure. The accommodations were comfortable and... read more

Reviewed 31 March 2020
BestOpinion

Recommended experiences in and around Cairns
from USD 141.41
from USD 129.62
from USD 145.33
from USD 168.90
More Info
All reviews osprey reef ribbon reefs lizard island cod roe dive trip dive sites dive deck engine room minke whales extra assistance every single member shark feed dive the great barrier reef experienced divers tour director coral bleaching live aboard experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Hi, I had a great time on the Spirit of Freedom, I am Dive Instructor and i have more than 5oo dives. I did the Great Barrier Reef/ Cod hole tour. The Food, dive sides, the boat are very very good! Everything is very very good! The onnly negative reason was, that I asked to do a one way dive with the sodiac and they said it is not possible because everyone wants to do it. So we did a normal boatdive. The dive sides are perfect in shape! No coral bleaching! The sides are simular to the red sea but the red sea is a bit nicer! So all in all it was very very good!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Had a fabulous time on SOF - cod hole trip. The diving was amazing and so well organised, the food was incredible and the staff and service were excellent. 10/10 would dive again! The boat was super comfy, very clean, very organised. The hire gear was excellent, 3 divemasters in the water every dive, loads of marine life and corals to see, tons of 5 star food to eat (second breakfast was a bit of a highlight!), they take the photos so you can relax and dive if you want, the crew took fabulous care of some less experienced divers.

1  Thank Nattl3s
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We experienced an awesome time on SOF! The crew is phenomenal, the food delicious and the diving sensational (during the night dive we even saw hunting sharks)! Highly recommended!

1  Thank DarioA1493
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I spent 4 nights/4 days on SOF from the 12th of April to the 16th, it was such an amazing experience ! The boat is clean, organised. The dive sites were various and beautiful.

Tony, John, Carina, Sam, Ellis, Jared, Taku, Kris, Miranda, Antonia, I would like to thank you once again for your great work and professionalism.

If you expect quality AND quantity in themes of food, you won’t be disappointed (thanks Chef Sam !).

I’ll definitely be back, on a 7 days trip next time !

Reviewed 11 April 2018

From March 26 through April 3 I was completely spoiled. We had cyclone warnings and Captain Ross Thompson kept us well out of it. We did not lose a day of diving. Our group was rather large (26) but the crew treated us like friends and did everything in their power to make our time together perfect.
Chef Sam Macaskill presented us with fabulous gourmet food and went out of his way to take care of special dietary needs or wants.
Ellis Spurrier the Dive Supervisor and his assistants, Jared Cottrill, James Webb, Takuma Sato, Antonia Aslett, and Courtenay Leighton were inspiring. Great dive briefings and guiding under water. Safety first, second and last without being constricting. Photographs were posted daily and kept us all entertained.
Miranda Chapman is an awesome hostess. She really spoiled us and kept things moving along.
Carina Millynn is a builder of confidence and an artist on the water. She works the tender like no other and finds those moorings no matter what.
Another noteworthy mention must go to the professionalism, sincere friendliness and working relationships this incredible team exhibited. There was no job on the ship that I did not see every single one of the team pitch in and take care of it. No drama, just considerations of each other and us.
The boat is very comfortable and spacious - go get spoiled and have some great diving. Lauren

1  Thank LAMMBlauren