Review Highlights
Fantastic service and camera!

I rented the camera for 2 days while i was going away on a Liveaboard with ProDive and I was not... read more

Reviewed 6 August 2018
nicoladee6
Birmingham, United Kingdom
A great service and camera!!

Snapshot's service is truly amazing! I borrowed Canon G16 for Maldives trip. They delivered a... read more

Reviewed 13 June 2018

from USD 155.80
from USD 70.30
from USD 267.40
More Info
All reviews sd card some great photos these guys the great barrier reef hostel cannon photographs
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Hired a Canon Powershot G16 and managed to get some great photos and videos of the Great Barrier Reef which I'm super happy with! Dave came round to my hostel the day before to drop it off and was very friendly and helpful, explaining thoroughly how to use it, the flash diffuser, red filter, change battery, etc, and picked it up in the evening after I came back. Would definitely recommend :)

1  Thank elanathellama
Mishmasher, Owner at Snapshot Camera Hire Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hi Elanathellama

Thankyou for writing us a review!

We’re happy that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I hired the Cannon G16 underwater camera for my scuba driving at Great Barrier Reef. The camera was wonderful. The camera was easy to operate. It have image stabilizer, underwater flitter handle, easy-handle video mode. The quality of the images also as good as DSLR camera. Everything is perfect for me. With $48 per day, this service provide you 2 battery which literally enough for a whole day. The memory card is 16GB which roughly for 3,500-4,000 images which is enough for one day as well. The best thing for this service is the memory card is your!!!!! You can take it when you finish the service. The staff also provided the phone number, so you can call them when you have problem with the cam. If you love taking photo, looking for images good quality, and good service for your trip. I recommend this one.

1  Thank Napat_Trong

Hi Napat_Trong

Thankyou for your review!

It’s great to see you were so happy with our service.

All the best

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I hired an amazing camera form Snapshot for my Great Barrier Reef experience, was absolutely amazing! The pictures I could take with the camera were absolutely gorgeous, and the service with the camera provided was excellent as well!

Would highly recommend hiring one of their cameras!

1  Thank Boris D

Hi Boris,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Take Care

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I have rented a camera on two different occasions. The first time I was an inexperienced diver and although I had a Gopro, I wanted a camera with a zoom that would allow me to take close up pictures without having to get too close to the reef (regulating your buoyancy can be difficult in the beginning). The second time was last week (I am now an advanced diver) and again it was amazing to be able to take pictures of all the marine life with ease. The quality of the photographs is great thanks to the built in red filter which comes in very handy especially when you dive deeper. The case is very sturdy (I was a bit worried about braking it!) and the service I received throughout was both efficient and friendly. Big thumbs up from me!

2  Thank Veronica M

Hi Veronica,

Thank you for your great review!

We look forward to seeing you here in Cairns again!

Dave & Martin

Reviewed 19 August 2016

If you are doing the reef and you don't have a camera you need to hire one from Snapshot!! For some reason most people think to get or rent a GoPro, but GoPro's do not take amazing quality photos (Their videos are okay though), but Snapshot gives you a Canon camera, the pictures turned out soooo great and everyone was jealous if they didn't have a camera or just had a GoPro.They dropped it right off at my hostel no problem and it came with an extra battery fully charged, and I got to keep the SD card. I was on a liveaboard boat for 3 days and so glad I had the camera with me for that time!

1  Thank Michael K

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your awesome review!

Hopefully we see you again!

All the best