Review Highlights
Fantastic service and camera!

Reviewed 6 August 2018
nicoladee6
Birmingham, United Kingdom
A great service and camera!!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

from USD 157.60
from USD 71.10
from USD 312.30
More Info
All reviews sd card some great photos these guys the great barrier reef hostel cannon photographs
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I rented the camera for 2 days while i was going away on a Liveaboard with ProDive and I was not disappointed. Right from booking the camera it was made easy as a team member delivered the camera to where I was in Cairns Central. The girl Emma was lovely and went through everything i needed to know about the camera, checked if i had any questions and told me i got to keep the SD with the photos and videos on, for free.
After my trip all i had to do was call Emma or the office and explained I was back, and they came collected it from the organised pick up location.
Everything is included when you rent it: spare battery, charger, neck/wrist straps, flash filters etc.
The camera was great quality and I will definitely be using them again. Thank you for making my trip to The Great Barrier Reef so special.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Snapshot's service is truly amazing! I borrowed Canon G16 for Maldives trip. They delivered a camera to the hotel day before I need it and gave me a brief instruction of how to use the camera. I recommend renting a camera not only scuba divers but also snorkelers. It is possible to attach a strobe and GoPro (Has to have own mount) to the camera housing. I borrowed this camera for a scuba diving trip but in the end it used to take much more family photos at the resort's swimming pool.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I'm no photographer but for my first experience using an underwater camera this was too much fun! These guys are so kind and accommodating, dropping off the product right to your accommodation and explaining how the camera works so you get the most out of it. There's heaps of space to take as many snaps as you want (like trigger happy me in the first 20 minutes) and they are top quality products. It's super convenient as well to be able to just keep the SD card afterward. I will always use a camera from now on to remember my dives by and would recommend these guys to anyone

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Rented a camera to go on the Great Barrier Reef with. The staff were friendly, meeting g me at my hostel to give me the camera the night before. They explained exactly how to use it, making it so easy for me.

The quality of photos was amazing and they even let you keep the memory card! Couldn't recommend them any more!!!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I rented the GoPro Hero 4 from Dave was impressed at his excellent customer service when I had questions/concerns with the memory card. He went above and beyond to ensure I had the right equipment prior to leaving for my diving trip to the Reef!

Would recommend Snapshot hire to anyone looking for affordable and good quality cameras. Delivery and pickup of equipment from hostel was efficient.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I was hesitant in hiring an underwater camera after my last horror experience with another company. I was worried about how I would find the time to collect/drop off the camera and if the underwater housing would fog again - a devastating thing to happen when you go to the reef for the first time and have nothing to show for it but fogged up photos. Snapshot Camera Hire made me feel at ease with not only organising drop off and pick up of the camera within the local area to my home - only company I know who does this. The camera itself was great quality and the underwater housing was of top quality. I captured some great photos during my visit to Frankland Island and will be hiring again for my next reef trip in the future. Thank you again for helping me capture my underwater adventure!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Dave was super helpful showing me how to work the camera, drop off and pickup times were punctual, and the quality of photos was phenomenal! The battery lasted the entire 2 days without needing a recharge. They also offer $5 additional to reduce costs to 50% if the unfortunate circumstance arises that something happens to the camera...easy choice really :)

Reviewed 5 September 2017

My friend and I decided last minute to go to the Great Barrier Reef and we wanted to hire a Gopro. It was pretty late at night when we booked our trip but Dave did an amazing job by sorting us out a last minute hire !! We are very happy with the service, everything was explained really well and the camera worked perfectly ! We now have amazing pictures of our trip !! Thank you so much !!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We decided last minute the night before that we wanted to hire a camera, these guys came to our accommodation the following morning before we left (6am!!) and completely forgot to take payment so we arranged to leave cash in the box when we returned it to the travel agent. Super helpful, accommodating and of course the camera was amazing quality and photos are fantastic!

Mishmasher, Owner at Snapshot Camera Hire Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hi GemmaHazel

Thankyou for leaving us a review! We’re always happy to wake up early and deliver a camera

Hit us up next time you’re in Cairns!!

Take Care

Snapshot Cameras

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I hired a Canon Powershot G16 for my recent trip to the Great Barrier Reef. Dave was very helpful and explaining throughly how to operate the camera. The camera was very easy to use, it has the ability to shoot in RAW file which it's perfect for photographers like myself. The camera body is small and lightweight, very easy to swim with and carry around under water. It came with a spare battery but one battery was enough for me shooting all day non-stop! The photos turned out beautifully, I'd highly recommend it! :)

1  Thank wheresyoyo

Hi Wheresyoyo

We really appreciate you leaving a review for us.

Hopefully we see you again soon!

Take care