Review Highlights
Fantastic service and camera!

I rented the camera for 2 days while i was going away on a Liveaboard with ProDive and I was not... read more

Reviewed 6 August 2018
nicoladee6
Birmingham, United Kingdom
A great service and camera!!

Snapshot's service is truly amazing! I borrowed Canon G16 for Maldives trip. They delivered a... read more

Reviewed 13 June 2018

from USD 155.80
from USD 70.30
from USD 267.40
More Info
All reviews sd card some great photos these guys the great barrier reef hostel cannon photographs
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I have rented a camera on two different occasions. The first time I was an inexperienced diver and although I had a Gopro, I wanted a camera with a zoom that would allow me to take close up pictures without having to get too close to the reef (regulating your buoyancy can be difficult in the beginning). The second time was last week (I am now an advanced diver) and again it was amazing to be able to take pictures of all the marine life with ease. The quality of the photographs is great thanks to the built in red filter which comes in very handy especially when you dive deeper. The case is very sturdy (I was a bit worried about braking it!) and the service I received throughout was both efficient and friendly. Big thumbs up from me!

2  Thank Veronica M
Mishmasher, Owner at Snapshot Camera Hire Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hi Veronica,

Thank you for your great review!

We look forward to seeing you here in Cairns again!

Dave & Martin

Reviewed 19 August 2016

If you are doing the reef and you don't have a camera you need to hire one from Snapshot!! For some reason most people think to get or rent a GoPro, but GoPro's do not take amazing quality photos (Their videos are okay though), but Snapshot gives you a Canon camera, the pictures turned out soooo great and everyone was jealous if they didn't have a camera or just had a GoPro.They dropped it right off at my hostel no problem and it came with an extra battery fully charged, and I got to keep the SD card. I was on a liveaboard boat for 3 days and so glad I had the camera with me for that time!

1  Thank Michael K

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your awesome review!

Hopefully we see you again!

All the best

Snapshot Cameras

Reviewed 9 August 2016

I hired a camera to take out to the reef and the quality of the photos was unreal!! I would definitely recommend to anyone! Brilliant service too.

Snapshot C, Owner at Snapshot Camera Hire Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

Hi 156fordy,

Thank you for leaving a review!

It`s good to hear that you would recommend us to others.

All the best from the Snapshot Team!!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

I took an underwater digital camera out to the Great Barrier Reef for a day trip rented through Snapshot Camera Hire Cairns.

The picture and video quality is outstanding, and at the end of the day I got to keep the SD card that came with it.

On a day where visibility was quite minimal underwater, I was surprised with how all of my pictures turned out at the end of it.

Special shout out to Dave for dropping it off to my house the night before my trip, giving me plenty of tips and insight of how to get the best photos and use all of the features on the camera.

Absolutely brilliant service and I highly recommend this to anyone who is heading out for some snorkelling or diving.

1  Thank Michael K

Hi Michael K

Thank you so much for leaving a review!

It`s great to see that you were happy with the service and the camera!

I hope you are enjoying your time over in the UK.

All the best

Dave @ Snapshot

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Every time I go to the Reef I use one of this great underwater cameras and they never disappoint me!!!! :D:D:D
Last time I got some great photos and videos of a turtle.

Thank you for letting me keep my memories from the Great Barrier Reef. :D

2  Thank Tove S

Hi Tove S

Thank you for leaving us a review!!

So happy that you have some great memories of the Great Barrier Reef!

I hope you are enjoying the rest of your travels.

All the best!