Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Excellent

I’m so glad we took this tour! The boat is really nice and the captain and her crew were great and... read more

Reviewed 24 January 2020
Eathereplease
Florida
via mobile
Half Day Snorkel / Dive Tour

Highlights Friendly crew Speedy boat Top snorkel equipment Snorkel tour Glass bottom boat Reef... read more

Reviewed 22 January 2020
TDL102
Minster on Sea, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cairns
from USD 122.01
from USD 138.36
from USD 73.36
from USD 79.03
More Info
All reviews fast boat hastings reef fish snorkel tour smooth ride captain and crew smaller group take photos glass bottom boat board 2000hp instructions
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

Me and my wife are really happy about the trip with Skedaddle. We went to Hasting's reef and the boat trip took only 45 minutes. Even though the boat went fast it was less bumpy than we anticipated. The crew was amazing - they were both professional and entertaining. At the reef, there's a guided snorkling tour for about 30 minutes. Afterwards you can go for a trip on a boat with a glass floor and get detailed information about the reef from a guide. You will also have free time for more snorkling on your own. This trip was perfect for us and provided excellent value for money. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

Need a family oriented company? Move on. If you are traveling with small children: beware. We brought our 3 month old on holiday and depend on local sitters to watch our precious baby. We booked the night prior and not even after a few hours later the sitter cancelled on us. We reached out to Skedaddle for help and the staff was completely unreasonable. Buyer beware.

Date of experience: January 2019
SkedaddleCairns, Public Relations Manager at Skedaddle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2019

Hello,
Thank you for your review.
You mention that you booked the night prior and your baby sitter cancelled soon after, however this is not quite correct, our records show that your trip on Skedaddle was made mid-morning on a Thursday morning for the following Saturday, two days later, not the following day as implied, which would have given you a whole day and a half, ample time to locate a replacement sitter.
I also find it difficult to comprehend that your booked sitter was unable suggest another replacement sitter, given the professionalism of these people and the local nanny/sitter community is somewhat close knit.
Furthermore, it is similarly difficult to understand that, given all this available time, you were incapable of locating another replacement sitter/nanny from the 160+ listed sitters in the Cairns area alone and the 4 companies that operate here.
All of which are registered and have been vetted and approved by the Queensland government department of child safety.
The most puzzling part is your lack of comment regarding the sitter, I would have thought you would have strong remarks and warnings about this person or company, given how they or the company deserted you, however you remain silent on this matter.
If you had contacted us in the morning of Friday, the day prior to travel and advised of the situation we would have most likely been able to resell your seats, this is something we regularly do and then supplied you with a refund. However, you waited to near close of business Friday, for a day when the boat was full, which left us with little or no options.

Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

Best experience by far great trip for the money, staff were very helpful and understanding about swimming levels and fears couldn’t recommend it more

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

We are a family of five (kids aged 14, 12 and 10) and really enjoyed this speedy trip out to Hastings reef. Excellent snorkeling, particularly among the edge of the reef towards the yellow buoy. We saw hundreds of fish and even a small manta ray. We also went on the glass bottom boat tour and although it was enjoyable and the guide brilliant it meant we didn't have time for a second snorkel. I think next time we would focus on the snorkelling. Would highly recommend Skedaddle, super friendly staff and a great way to travel to the outer reef and back.

Reviewed 20 December 2018 via mobile

Our snorkelling guide Jasmine was great, she was able to spot many beautiful fish and a big turtle for us to take a look at. I was a little scared as I'm not a great swimmer and she had no problem with me hanging off her life preserver. The rest of the crew is very friendly, and the boat got us there in 45 minutes which was great.

I got very seasick towards the end (I always get motion sickness) - and I was lucky enough to have some well prepared fellow snorkellers in my group to help me out. If you're prone to motion sickness like me - I would recommend popping into a pharmacy before you go and buying some over the counter motion sickness medication - and also bring some frozen bottles of water. If you're well prepared and sit at the back you should be fine :-).

Date of experience: December 2018