“Great food, great service, great view”

Villa Romana Trattoria Cairns
Ranked #56 of 766 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: AU$10 - AU$42
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is the Cairns Italian restaurant, for lovers of fresh and fabulous Mediterranean cuisine. Traditional & innovative homestyle menu & daily specials board. “VILLA” as it’s known by the locals, delivers the freshest meats, seafoods & local produce, enjoyed by guests from around the world. Villa is Family owned and operated since 1999. Open 7 days a week, breakfast, lunch & dinner from 6.30am till late. Fantastic views, piazza style, this is the place to see and be seen in Cairns – you never know who you might meet!
Reviewed 17 April 2024 via mobile

Fantastic place on the esplanade with nice views. Service was very good and the staff were friendly and speedy without hovering. The food is excellent and the portion sizes are big

Date of visit: April 2024

Reviewed 15 April 2024 via mobile

Lovely Italian restaurant serving Italian and Mediterranean cuisine.

Indoor, outdoor seating on the Esplanade.

My wife had the Meat Ball entree as her main but I went hole hog as they say.

I had one of the best seafood meals of my life bar a Muddy Crab which I just love.

The Spaghetti Allo Scoglio is their signature dish and I could see why.

Sautéed Crab, Morten Bay Bugs, Clams, Mussels, Scallops, Prawns, Calamari, Cherry Tomatoes, White Wine, Garlic on a large plate of Spaghetti.

Of course, if you've read other reviews of mine, this was all washed down with a couple of Cold Beverages.

I think we might dine here again in September 2024 before we head out to Winton to do the Outback Way.

Cheers

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 10 March 2024 via mobile

Service, drinks, and food were spot on! It was Chinese New Year, everyone was hungry…and the staff made it look easy while they worked their tails off! Hands down one of my fave places in Cairns!

Date of visit: February 2024
1  Thank Bethany D
Reviewed 6 January 2024 via mobile

absolutely awesome
Delicious food awesome service
Really enjoyed
Favorite restaurant in cairns.
Friendly caring staff

Date of visit: January 2024
1  Thank Rashmi Nisha A
Reviewed 5 January 2024

Such a shame about this place - we had been for breakfast the day before and was nice. So I took the whole family the following night and I found the service ti be terrible - it just ruined our evening

Date of visit: November 2023