“Time is not respected”

Price range: AU$10 - AU$42
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is the Cairns Italian restaurant, for lovers of fresh and fabulous Mediterranean cuisine. Traditional & innovative homestyle menu & daily specials board. “VILLA” as it’s known by the locals, delivers the freshest meats, seafoods & local produce, enjoyed by guests from around the world. Villa is Family owned and operated since 1999. Open 7 days a week, breakfast, lunch & dinner from 6.30am till late. Fantastic views, piazza style, this is the place to see and be seen in Cairns – you never know who you might meet!
Reviewed 4 October 2023 via mobile

Only rated 1 star because I can’t do 0.

My partner and I lined up for about half an hour to then witness who I assume to be the manager come out. Two ladies with a teenager sweet talked the manager who then sent someone out to take them straight in. There were at least 10 tables ahead of the women who had just joined the queue and essentially flirted their way to a table. Left immediately after that. Not sure what the food is like, but not worth the wait when our time was clearly not valued.

Date of visit: October 2023
2  Thank Gemmaa_jb

Reviewed 2 October 2023

We were starving after exploring the Mossman gorge and the Cairns night market on one sandwich. Chanced upon this restaurant. Glad we went in. Was extremely busy but the staff was proactive in getting things quickly. Didn’t have to wait long for anything! The food was beautiful, especially the vegetarian gnocchi, the spaghetti bolognese and all the desserts…(we ate a lot). Shall return!

1  Thank Supchak
Reviewed 29 September 2023 via mobile

The food was great and served in good portions. Overall, it is a little pricy, especially the desserts, but the service was nice and food tasted great.

I would recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Xavier M
Reviewed 26 September 2023

Fabulous. Fast friendly service and clearly the most popular restaurant along the Esplanade or perhaps in all of Cairns. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was heavily booked so we grabbed an early table at 5:00pm for a drink and dined without being rushed and left by 6:30pm. Open all day.

Date of visit: August 2023
1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 25 September 2023 via mobile

Excellent all round. We were greeted like friends at the door and they managed to find us a table even though we hadn’t booked ahead. The service was prompt and the food was top notch.

I enjoyed the pizza, the crust was light and not too chewy or doughy. The toppings were fresh and a good variety to choose from. My picky daughter loved the kids pizza and also the iced tea (which was made up by hand and not a bottled one). The gnocchi in cheese sauce my wife had was amazing (I had a taste) and left me questioning my own choice!

Good food and great service. Definitely recommend this place for decent Italian dining in Cairns.

1  Thank James H