Open today: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
Non Electric Rental

Had a great experience renting a bikes here for half the day. Great way to get around the city and... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
judada2017
Los Angeles, California
Great way to spend a day in Cairns

Great fun and value for money. Highly recommended. Owner was friendly and very helpful with... read more

Reviewed 22 October 2018

from USD 155.23
from USD 70.03
from USD 129.24
More Info
All reviews explore cairns crystal cascades bike shop botanic gardens great fun helmets rode falls
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Anthony is very helpful. Spent 10 minutes running through a map of where we should go/see in Cairns. He was spot on with everything. Had a great day on two nearly new, very high quality electric bikes.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Fun inexpensive way to try e-bikes and explore cairns. The path is separate from the highway. The bikes were $10 aud per hour. Since we had 4 ppl he gave us one for free. We have never found such a great deal on e-bikes. Great way to spend the day getting off cruise ship. Owner was a super nice guy very honest and helpful. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018

We took our bikes out to the Botanic Gardens and went all around town on them. It was heaps of fun, you can put as much or as little into pedalling as you want. The shop owner was really friendly and even gave us a map to follow.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I biked to Crystal Cascades and back, it was a great experience in and of itself, and well explained by the owner so I would recommend on that note alone.

However, the owner would do well to keep his business separate from his politics/ideologies. I found his ranting about “gays and refugees versus normal people” incredibly unnecessary, unforgivable and unsubstantiated as well as his comment that “children only understand pain and hunger”.

Had I not paid in advance, based on the 5 minute unsolicited lecture he gave me, I would have walked out that door in a heartbeat.

Make your mind up according to your own philosophy - but keep in mind: there are other ways to see the falls!

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank Trip747032
Anthony v, Owner at Cairns Electric Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

I am sorry if what I said offended you, but I did not intend for you to take what I said so literally or out if its context. I am sorry if I crossed professional boundaries, I will be more discreet in future. But as a father of six my point was that children need to feel a little bit of hunger and a bit of pain on occasion: as small children have not started to develop cognitive ability and hence no one can reason with them like unto an adult (for further reading see Piaget's "Stages of Childhood Development" used as a national benchmark text). As regarding homosexuals, do I hate them? Emphatically no! Refugees? My father spent two years in resettlement camps where an aunt was born and later died from staff incompetence but factually, we are overpopulated as it is. But when asked for my opinion I am sick and tired of being told what my reckoned opinion has to be by a political agenda. Again I am sorry if my perceived 'rant' dampened your experience.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Got a special offer and hired the E- bikes for fifteen dollars a day. The man at the shop was really nice and gave us Tips where to go. The bikes were really good and fast. All in all a perfect possibility to explore Cairns and surrounding

Date of experience: December 2017