Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great way to spend a day in Cairns

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from USD 157.60
from USD 71.10
from USD 312.30
More Info
All reviews explore cairns botanic gardens great fun helmets shop rode
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great fun and value for money. Highly recommended. Owner was friendly and very helpful with directions and sightseeing suggestions.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

Hired 4 bikes which were all very new and good quality. We headed off at 10am and rode about 50k's easily over the day with directions from Anthony at the bike shop. Best way to spend the day with teenagers and see the sites.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This was a 5+ experience. The owner was attentive to our needs, providing immediate seat adjustment on request. His suggested map of proposed places to go was easy to follow and took into account the time we had. The bikes were in excellent condition and easy to mount and dismount and steer as well. The pack racks on the back of the bike were great for our backpacks and the top speed was excellent when we rode along the airport road to the mangroves boardwalk. The helmets were extremely comfortable. The shop hours allowed for a fabulous unhurried day and the owners relaxed riding instructions gave we two first timers a confidence boost before setting out. We had a wonderful day. This was one of my two highlights of our week in Cairns.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

The shop owner was more than helpful in setting up with all of the gear to have a great day cruising around Cairns. He went out of his way to make sure that we felt comfortable about using the bikes and providing us with maps/local info about the best places to go. We were also impressed with his efforts to be flexible with the collection of the bikes from our accommodation (Pullman Reef across the road). He even gave us a heavily discounted rate!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We hired two non electric bikes. We got beach cruiser bikes which had been electric but were now just push bikes. They were super comfortable if slightly heavy. The owner gave us a map and some suggestions of places to visit. We had hoped to cycle as far as Trinity Beach but the heat got the better of us. We did cycle 30 miles and met some lovely people along the way. It was a great day out and the shop owner was really helpful.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Anthony is very helpful. Spent 10 minutes running through a map of where we should go/see in Cairns. He was spot on with everything. Had a great day on two nearly new, very high quality electric bikes.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Fun inexpensive way to try e-bikes and explore cairns. The path is separate from the highway. The bikes were $10 aud per hour. Since we had 4 ppl he gave us one for free. We have never found such a great deal on e-bikes. Great way to spend the day getting off cruise ship. Owner was a super nice guy very honest and helpful. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We took our bikes out to the Botanic Gardens and went all around town on them. It was heaps of fun, you can put as much or as little into pedalling as you want. The shop owner was really friendly and even gave us a map to follow.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I biked to Crystal Cascades and back, it was a great experience in and of itself, and well explained by the owner so I would recommend on that note alone.

However, the owner would do well to keep his business separate from his politics/ideologies. I found his ranting about “gays and refugees versus normal people” incredibly unnecessary, unforgivable and unsubstantiated as well as his comment that “children only understand pain and hunger”.

Had I not paid in advance, based on the 5 minute unsolicited lecture he gave me, I would have walked out that door in a heartbeat.

Make your mind up according to your own philosophy - but keep in mind: there are other ways to see the falls!

2  Thank Trip747032
Anthony v, Owner at Cairns Electric Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

I am sorry if what I said offended you, but I did not intend for you to take what I said so literally or out if its context. I am sorry if I crossed professional boundaries, I will be more discreet in future. But as a father of six my point was that children need to feel a little bit of hunger and a bit of pain on occasion: as small children have not started to develop cognitive ability and hence no one can reason with them like unto an adult (for further reading see Piaget's "Stages of Childhood Development" used as a national benchmark text). As regarding homosexuals, do I hate them? Emphatically no! Refugees? My father spent two years in resettlement camps where an aunt was born and later died from staff incompetence but factually, we are overpopulated as it is. But when asked for my opinion I am sick and tired of being told what my reckoned opinion has to be by a political agenda. Again I am sorry if my perceived 'rant' dampened your experience.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Got a special offer and hired the E- bikes for fifteen dollars a day. The man at the shop was really nice and gave us Tips where to go. The bikes were really good and fast. All in all a perfect possibility to explore Cairns and surrounding