“Always impresses”

Price range: AU$30 - AU$200
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The pinnacle of dining at The Reef Hotel Casino is the world renowned Tamarind Restaurant. With a coveted Chef Hat award and a recipient of the World Luxury Restaurant Awards continent winner for Fusion Cuisine in Australia and Oceania, Tamarind is celebrated as Cairns’ most awarded restaurant. Treasured by locals for special occasions, Tamarind is elegant and exceptional with its exquisite dishes handcrafted from the freshest local produce. The setting, a low-lit dining room with crisp white linen tablecloths, the gentle glow of light reflecting on the timber walls, creates a sophisticated, enchanting ambience for any evening celebration. Tamarind offer a delectable menu of ‘Australian Freestyle’ cuisine. The chefs embrace cooking styles and techniques from an array of cultures. This brigade de cuisine, with their passion for food, creates a culinary experience to savour. Changing seasonally to align with the season’s harvest, the menu at Tamarind boasts only the finest in local
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My go to fine dining restaurant in Cairns
Great fast service. Very friendly staff especially the manager and Ben the team leader.
Amazing food as always.
Highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2018
Akshay S, Manager at Tamarind Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Danielt25,
Thank you for taking time and shaing your feedback about your recent dining experience in Tamarind restaurant. Im glad to know that your enjoyed our food and customer service as we take pride in what we do.
Ben is one of our most talented and experienced staff members who makes sure every guest experience is memorable
Looking forward to serving you soon .

Reviewed 26 August 2018

While we did not recall the dishes we had they were very tasty and without complaint.
Definitely worth dining there!
Service was excellent as well and the waiter suggested a Pinot Noir to accompany my wife's main and even provided a sample!

1  Thank POBob

Dear POBob,
Thank you for taking time and shaing your feedback about your recent dining experience in Tamarind restaurant. Im glad to know that you enjoyed our food and customer service as we take pride in what we do.
Many thanks again for taking time for sharing your feedback as it serves as motivation to me and my team to provide excellent quality food and customer service to all our guests. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

The food was absolutely beautiful, the staff were attentive and professional
The food looked and tasted great, I'm a bit fussy when it comes to food and it looking good is important to me.
Not cheap but definitely worth the price - I'd eat here again next time I visit Cairns

1  Thank m1ndimoo369

Dear m1ndimoo369,
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent dining exprience in Tamarind. I am really glad that you enjoyed the food and service that we offer.
looking forward to serving you next time when you come to Cairns

regards
Akshay

Reviewed 14 August 2018

It was the first time that I had eaten here for a few years but will try to get back on my next visit. I had a tuna starter followed by the reef fish main with a side of wok-tossed greens - both of which were excellent. My sister-in-law also enjoyed her zucchini flowers and beef cheeks. Being an Accor Plus member had the added advantage of a $60 discount on the meal, which was an added bonus.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank MikeDav
Akshay S, Manager at Tamarind Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Mike Dav
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

The food here was beautifully presented and had had great flavour combinations. The Penang duck curry was amazing and had the most delicious candied pumpkin I have ever tasted.

Service was friendly and professional. Good selection of wine, cocktails and mocktails. Refined but comfortable decor and ambience. I will definitely come back here next time I am in Cairns.

1  Thank sr3221
Akshay S, Manager at Tamarind Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear Mr Stephen R,
Looking forward to seeing you soon.