“Great French food in a comfortable environment.”

C'est Bon Restaurant Francais
Ranked #16 of 778 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: AU$10 - AU$97
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Your Local French restaurant in far North Queensland. Established in 2003, C'est Bon is Cairns locals' favorite spot for business lunch, birthday party, romantic dinner and many more. Our cuisine relies on the French cuisine using classic techniques to put out a modern twist on most dishes allowing us to adjust to our tropical climate & international customers. From the kitchen, Nicolas the chef/owner and his team will prepare your order with care and dedication while our Fantastic Maitre D'hotel Camille Cercleron, from Brittany France, will make sure your experience is faultless. We look forward to having your name on our reservation sheet. Bon Appetit
Reviewed 15 February 2024 via mobile

My wife and I love French food. The restaurant did not disappoint. We shared a dozen escargot as an appetizer which was excellent. My wife had the duck which was cooked to perfection, I had 8 hour cooked Beef Cheeks!!! I’ve been in the restaurant business in the USA for over 50 years and have never seen Beef Cheeks offered from any of my suppliers. I had to try it and it was excellent. The beef was cooked to the consistency of a lamb shank but the owner said the meet requires the longer cook times to make it perfect…. And it was!. There wasn’t a drop left on my plate. The young couple next to us ordered the Crème Brûlée which was presented in a foot long dish about an inch wide. It looked fantastic. We didn’t have any dessert but they all sounded great. I would recommend it whole heartedly if you enjoy French food.

Date of visit: February 2024

Reviewed 8 February 2024 via mobile

The dining experience was marred by exceptionally unfriendly and almost aggressive service. While attempting to clarify our dessert order, the waitress seemed visibly irritated, responding with a curt 'I repeated that already!' Her approach to serving plates and pouring wine conveyed a sense of unwillingness to be there, overshadowing any potential enjoyment of the food. Regrettably, I won't be returning, as the overall atmosphere greatly detracted from what might have been a decent meal.

It's unfortunate that the negative experience with one waitress overshadowed the efforts of the other staff and potentially skilled chefs. A single negative encounter can indeed impact the overall perception of a dining establishment.

It's understandable that you typically prefer to share positive experiences, but given the unsatisfactory service at this establishment, it's fair not to recommend it to others. Sometimes, honest feedback can guide others in making informed choices.

Date of visit: February 2024
1  Thank Miki S
Reviewed 30 December 2023 via mobile

Beautiful meal amazing service very enjoyable dining experience. French baguette, snails entree, main course beef eye fillet my wife had the braised beef check and lemon meringue as a dessert, highly recommended

Date of visit: December 2023
Reviewed 7 December 2023

I was very confused the food was bland and tasteless I have no idea why people want to eat there. When we left there was over the half food left, the staff came and asked what was wrong with the food and we just said that we weren’t hungry enough but that wasn’t true it was so bland

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 13 November 2023

Have been coming to this restaurant for years unfortunately the standard has declined dramatically. Owner and staff attitude are poor meals were bland cold and overpriced. Menu has changed not for the better

Date of visit: November 2023