“Did not live up to their rating”

Yaya's Hellenic Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #11 of 778 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dinner from 5pm - Yaya’s is family & locally owned, wih traditional Greek & Mediterranean food & a beautiful balcony overlooking the Esplanade with great views. Private functions with no charge for the space, are available for Lunch & Dinner celebrations/meetings etc, please check conditions/menus with Manager.
Reviewed 4 February 2024

This restaurant was highly rated but we were disappointed. Food and menu seemed geared towards small plates. Service was slow.

Date of visit: February 2024

Reviewed 3 February 2024

As a Cairns local I frequent many restaurants. My third time to yayas and was excellent once again. Attentive waiters,good atmosphere and beautiful food. Costa is an excellent host and as we were there late we had a bit of a chat with him about the gumtree liquor made in Greece which he recommended after our meal. He also gave us a taste of a Greek wine which my lady friend really enjoyed. It really made our night. As someone who works in the tour industry I'll definitely recommend this restaurant to my customers.

1  Thank 30cassw
Reviewed 19 January 2024 via mobile

I love my Mediterranean cuisine and dinner at Yia Yias was delicious, superb value (greek banquet ) 6 of us + wine...Service was great but the dessert (Bougatsa) superb.. Highly recommended...

Reviewed 18 January 2024

Wow Wow Wow, the best meal I’ve had in a long time! Yaya’s is one of those rare places where you don’t care what the food costs because the experience is so good.

We were greeted by the Friendly Costa at the door and were extremely well looked after by the staff throughout the night.

I had the Special slow cooked lamb and my god it fell off the bone and was perfectly balanced with a zingy sauce. My parter had the lamb kebabs which was paired with a delicious fresh salad and tziki dip.

It was so refreshing to have a meal at a restaurant where the staff were clearly passionate and that was clearly reflected in the quality of the food.

YAYA’s is a Cairns must!

Reviewed 18 January 2024 via mobile

Had dinner here on a busy & Wet Monday night. Fabulous service by friendly, attentive staff. We all had the $55 11 course meal. Everything was delicious. Highly recommend