Open today: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
A brilliant experience all round

I very rarely give a 5 star review but Reef Experience is the exception. With two ravenous boys I... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
APinCanberra
Canberra, Australia
Top Deck Experience- Great Value

We had a fantastic day on Reef Experience with Shinnie, Michael, Captain Hank and the crew. We... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Family_of_6Midlands
Midlands
via mobile

3,036 results
All reviews top deck scuba dive fish marine biologist night dive breakfast and lunch personal guide day trip food was great wine and cheese included in the price sun deck wet suits underwater camera crew members an amazing experience once in a lifetime
Reviewed 14 October 2017

All the staff were really fun and helpful, food was great and accommodating. Brilliant time for a brilliant price. Information was all really helpful and interesting, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful time with these guys. Done an intro dive and some snorkeling on two different reefs along the great barrier Reef. The guide were excellent and very knowledgeable and were on hand for any questions we had. It was my first dive and I always felt safe and relaxed under the water.

The only negative was the cost of the photos at the end $20 for one digital photo I thought was a bit much. Could get all photos for $89 either. This is more expensive then your second give if you wished to do one. Granted the camera equipment was probably experience I just felt they were trying to squeeze cash out of us.

2  Thank ScribeLife
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Second time on reef encounter, but first time on top deck, and the experience was amazing.
We were greeted by our personal instructor Kristi May on board reef experience that would transfer us to reef encounter from the wharf, and god she was passionate. She had prepared our course in details in her folder and made sure we were having fun while studying it.
On top of the instructions she provided, she was our personal valet as well. Making our rooms when we were having breakfast, or setting up the table on the sun deck for our dinner, and even bring the food to our room. No idea how she did it when she was still up by midnight but would bring coffee to the room before 6 so we could do the first morning dive! It was definitely a 5-star hotel experience. Will definitely be back for the advanced course.
What else.. Food was nice, photographer Frank was a real pro, everyone was friendly, highly recommend this. If you want to enjoy a true GBR experience, spend at least couple days on reef encounter and if you got that extra penny, book the top deck club, (definitely ask for Kristi but please spare few days for us)

1  Thank Joe Z
Reviewed 12 October 2017

All in all a brilliant experience. The crew were fun, friendly and hospitable - really it is down to their fantastic positivity that I was motivated to write my first ever review on Trip Advisor. They made an already wonderful place that much more awesome. Don't go with anyone else!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I travelled on the reef experience as a solo traveller, found the people on board to be very friendly and accommodating. The scuba diving was amazing, managed to see some sharks! Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to see the turtle while snorkeling. The staff were knowledgeable and the food was excellent.

1  Thank LiamS1136