Open today: 9:00 am - 6:15 pm

from USD 36.70
from USD 145.90
from USD 17.60
More Info
All reviews zip line ropes course high ropes re entry croc feeding reef hotel day pass rainy day great fun couple of hours bird life goliath reptiles talks activity obstacles cockatoos
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Best day ever! Full of excitement, fun and thrills! Took my mother here who's 60th birthday it was, and who's always had a fear of heights... through pure encouragement and fun from the staff (Especially Alana and Micheal) she managed to finish the course witch for her was a big achievement! Cant thank them enough never laughed so much (theres even a talking duck called mummbles) just a great day for all ages!

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

My children aged 7 & 9 and I recently visited cairns zoom and wildlife dome, and loved it! Yes, the zoo is quite small, but we really took our time, watched the animals and read the information on the different exhibits. The mid and high obstacle courses were great!! My kids and I had a ball!! The kids really challenges themselves to do it, and did a fantastic job and felt so proud of themselves at the end. I felt very safe in the harness and the equipment was in good repair. Staff are also located around the obstacle course and offer guidance and help to navigate the course when required. Special shout out to Leah who was great with the kids and very personable- would definitely recommend

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We have visited family in Cairns for a number of years now and have experienced some wonderful activities but we didn’t know this fantastic zoo existed till this trip. Well worth a visit just to see Goliath but there are some great activities for the more adventurous.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went here hoping to zilline over a croc as we had seen the brochure. Upon entering we soon realised that it was an absolute waste of money.
It was veryyy hot in there, looked like nobody cleans it and all the animals look like they didn't have big enough enclosures.
We walked around the whole thing in about 10 minutes and left very disappointed.

Amanda P, Digital & Media Manager at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for visiting Cairns Zoom and taking the time to leave a review.

Did you do the zipline over Goliath? As this is part of our Hi-Zoom course as advertised in the brochure. The Mid and Hi Zoom course takes about 45 minutes and is well worth the money.

We appreciate your concern for the welfare of our animals however Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome adheres to, and exceeds, regulations implemented by our governing body. Experts are very impressed with our standards, and are satisfied that we meet the needs of our animals and that they live happy and content lives. The keepers are also very passionate and qualified to care for our animals, a job they take very seriously.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I see myself as an adult and thought this would be a cute date for the misses and I, but I found it to be a relatively short activity and no nerves were tested on the course and the ziplines were short. I should have done my research first as I did not realise it was on top of a Casino. I also found it quite pricey for the challenge.
I am sure this activity is great for kids.

Amanda P, Digital & Media Manager at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Jon,

Thanks for visiting Cairns Zoom & Wildlife Dome and taking the time to leave a review.

We are sorry to hear that you found the ziplining too tame, it's aimed at all ages and abilities and we think that ziplining over a 5 metre crocodile is pretty extreme! We recommend that you try our Power Jump next time- that is sure to test your nerves!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My son brought his two friends to do Mid Zoom, High Zoom and Power jump for his 10th birthday and they all had a blast! They had all been before but still enjoyed the ziplining and challenging themselves and being amongst the wildlife. Staff were all super friendly and patient with them too!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Mother-in-Law wanted to take my children out for a day in school holidays. I hoped onto the website and booked the 2 hour extreme package for the children and the admission only for my Mother-in-Law. The children had a blast. They said it was the best experience and because they were the only ones there with the 2 hour extreme pass, they received special treatment and was able to go on as many of the activities as they could fit into the 2 hours. When I told them how much the passes cost, my teenage son said 'it was well worth the money Mum, thank you".

Reviewed 6 October 2018

It was a hidden gem. Staff were amazing both in the wildlife section and the Zoom section. Be aware if you have a photo taken with a koala you will only be holding them for the length of time it takes to get the photo taken. A very short holding experience. A great couple of hours spent here. If you are doing the Zoom part wear closed in shoes.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Was an unexpected treat Great place to take children and easy to get to
We walked from our hotel and was easy
Lots of birds and animals for a small space

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Visited here while in Cairns - its a wildlife zoo on top of a hotel/casino. It combines a zoo with zip lining in the same area. I was upset to see small mammals, crocs, birds enclosed in a small area while noisy kids who had no real interest in the wildlife ran amok & loudly shouted their way across hanging beer barrels, zipping down lines & running up & down wooden ramps. The noise was bad for me - goodness knows how the animals were affected. You could then have your picture taken with either a koala or a snake - I would consider this to be animal cruelty on a major scale. There was little enrichment for the animals, their enclosures were tiny & had very little natural environment elements - not to be recommended

Amanda P, Digital and Media Manager at Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Hi Cate.

We appreciate your concern for the welfare of our animals however Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome adheres to, and exceeds, regulations implemented by our governing body. Experts are very impressed with our standards, and are satisfied that we meet the needs of our animals and that they live happy and content lives. Alongside this, we are Zoo and Aquarium Association accredited, which holds even stricter regulations and specifically looks at how much enrichment is offered to animals.

The keepers are also very passionate and qualified to care for our animals, a job they take very seriously. They are specifically trained to understand the animal and recognise their signs of stress.

We like our animals to exhibit natural behaviours so we offer a range of enrichments from putting in new eucalyptus mulch for scent and digging, to burying food, scent spraying and food puzzles.