I stayed at this hotel in mid June. Very helpful reception. Spacious and clean rooms. I was with my brother and we booked a double room, which had two comfortable beds. One was bigger than another though. Nice balcony/patio, where you can have breakfast or drink beer at night. Free wi-fi. We enjoyed occasional swimming in a pool in the backyard. Overall, great hotel.
However, it takes 15 minutes-walk to get to the downtown. You need even more time to get to the Cairns port. So if you booked a tour departing really early from the port, it is better to call a taxi in advance, as it was hard for us to find available taxis at street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Sheridan is located close to the city center of Cairns, regarded one of the most popular hotels in a region that is viewed to be a must visit destination in the world. Cairns is surrounded by lush rainforest, beautiful tropical waters and scenery that has to be seen to believe. Staying with us at the City Sheridan you will be located within a 10 minute walk to Cairns best city attractions including; Cairns central shopping center, large number of world renowned restaurants catering for all cuisines, plenty of lively bars and clubs, Cairns Civic Theater, Cairns Convention Center, Cruise Ship Terminal, Bus Terminal, Museum, Arts Gallery, Train Station, Reef Fleet Terminal and the Reef Casino. City Sheridan is also only a 5 minute drive from the airport. ROOMS Our rooms are large in size and cleaned daily. We offer free wireless internet throughout the hotel. All rooms have their own private bathroom and balcony that opens the rooms to the wide open tropical weather and scenery. For in room entertainment your room has a 32-inch TV with free in house movies. Other inclusions is a microwave, fridge with mini-bar, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, safe, tea and coffee making facilities, and a desk with chairs. Your balcony is furnished with a table and 2 chairs. FACILITIES City Sheridan facilities include a tropical outdoor swimming pool with cascading waterfall, tour booking desk, guest laundry, and onsite car parking. City Sheridan also has the Sheridan Lounge Bar, a great place you can meet other travelers and share your stories while enjoying a beverage. The Sheridan Lounge Bar also has a computer terminal with free printing facilities. SHERIDAN RESTAURANT Sheridan Restaurant serves continental breakfast buffet daily from 7:00 am through to 10:00 am. Enjoy your morning breakfast poolside in the company of tropical palm trees and a cascading waterfall. SHERIDAN LOUNGE BAR: After a day out enjoying all the fantastic adventures that the Tropical North Queensland has to offer, relax pool side with a drink chosen from our large selection of beers, wines and spirits. TOUR DESK: City Sheridan tour booking agents are always available to help you through the large variety of adventure options. Great Barrier Reef, Cape Tribulation, and the Daintree are just a couple of the more popular attractions, and for the thrill seekers; skydiving, bungee jumping, hot air-ballooning, or white water rafting might be more your style, with over 200 adventures on offer, there is definitely something for everyone. CHECKING IN: Reception is open from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm daily. If you are arriving after 9:00 pm, the phone that is located on the front reception doors will direct call an after-hours service. If you are arriving after 9:00 pm, please let us know. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC and Odigeo so you can book your Cairns City Sheridan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western City Sheridan Hotel Cairns
- Comfort Inn Cairns
- Cairns Comfort Inn
- Cairns City Sheridan Queensland