All reviewsshopping centrethese apartmentsstudio apartmentminute walkrice cookerpool gatetrain stationnice apartmentnight managerthe ground floorpool viewfirst floorbbq facilitiesno elevatorwashing machinehandy locationtour bookings
Reviewed 15 March 2018

While these self-contained apartments were nice, they were not like the pictures. The staff in front-of-house were condescending to paying customers. The rooms were very average and not to the 4-star quality other review sites have given. The pool area is nice, if your room is placed near the first one, otherwise, again that was average. The on-site cafe, which was supposed to be a proper cafe, was nothing more than a breakfast buffet with toast, cereal, etc. Overall I was pretty disappointed with the experience.

Room Tip: Lower floors are easily accessed and have better alfresco areas. Rooms near the first pool have the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank carlyrlangham
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Absolutely disgusted with the customer service and the way I was treated from the reception staff and manager. I had prepaid for two nights stay totalling $256 but due to severe flooding in Gordonvale I was not able to make it into town to check in on the 09/03/18. I called the motel to let them know I couldn't make it in due to the weather and I was seeking a refund. They had stated for me to call Expedia as I had booked through them, I did but Expedia told me they had to "clear" it with the motel first. I basically got the run around between the two parties . When I would call reception expressing my displeasure I got cut off by reception staff , and blatantly refused a refund. When I asked on what grounds are you refusing a refund the manager stated because room was prepaid and the had "held" my booking for me I was not entitled for a refund. I think due to the unexpected nature of the events I could have been treated more fairly. I will be seeking my monies still. I definitely do NOT recommend this horrible place to anyone!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank Krashana K
Dylan C, Front Office Manager at Southern Cross Atrium Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Booking non refundable
Unable to pay security bond on check in

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Room was neat and clean Not refreshed after each day Room seemed like it was in a hole Lower down and 1 window that looked at a wall Asked for some packages of coffee and was refused Asked for a 1 page printout for
Our airline tickets and was charged Just not that friendly and money hungry

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank Rod S
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Pretty average... Good room size, bad service.
Staff weren't very friendly, there was problems with the bathroom, you could hear people in the next room sneeze, or use the bathroom, every word they said was clear through the walls... Wouldn't visit again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank matchstck97
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Southern Cross Atrium Apartments recently when visiting clients in Cairns.

The hotel was clean and presentable and the room was comfortable and contained everything that I needed. The bed was very comfortable indeed. The staff I found to be very polite, friendly and helpful.

My only slightly negative feedback is there are no comfy chairs in the room. If I lay on the bed to watch tv then I’ll fall asleep and spill my wine, so it would be nice to be able to relax in a comfy chair, watch tv and have a few glasses. The chairs in the room were rattan garden chairs, the sort you would use as a dining chair, very upright and not very comfortable for long periods of time.

I would recommend this hotel for business trips and short stays. It’s not a holiday hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business