2,357 results
All reviewsgreat locationbedroom apartmentcentral locationfull kitchencairns esplanadebalconylagoonigalaundrydryerpier
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We booked 2 ocean view rooms 1 x 3 bedroom and 1 x 2 bedroom in Jan 2011 and asked for them to be together. Upon arriving we were given keys to 3 bedroom in tower 1 and my Kids and their partners were put in tower 2. Bit of inconvienence as we had to call them to come down and let us in everytime we needed to see them. As we were renewing our Vows for our 30th Anniversary it made it difficult on the day.Tower 2 room very modern and clean, but tower 1 the 3 bedroom was not clean. furniture was covered in dust, cupboards greasy and the balcony glass, walls and floor were dirty. The room definately needed a spruse up and where someone had punched a hole in the bathroom door they had just tried to putty over it. Could not fault the Staff at the front desk they were polite, helpful and very friendly. If we do return to this hotel we will be asking for a room in tower 2 next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MrandMrsAdelaide
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Was surprised to find our 2 bedroom apartment (VERY small hotel room adjoining 1-bedroom apartment) was not serviced for our entire 5-day stay. I have re-read my original booking details and can find no mention of this nor were we warned at check-in. Fresh towels at minimum would have been welcome. Also, the kitchen was poorly equipped and the soft furnishings in the rooms look shabby. Interesting to note that the elevators in tower 1 were still out when we were there... (see review April 2011). Kudos to your staff who seem under enormous pressure fielding questions from guests about this.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Chippy1234
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Hotel room not as spacious as advertised. No chair at desk as illustrated, not that there was much room for one. Tiny balcony with 1 chair. Requested a 2nd. Did not get one. Only one armchair in room so one of us had to sit on the bed. Not good in our 70s. Requested a toaster, and told they were not supplied to hotel rooms. Tufts of pile missing from carpet. Bedsprings could ne felt when sitting on the bed, but we slept OK. Room "serviced" twice in 9 days, but carpet not vacuumed at all. Bathroom not cleaned at all in the 9 days. Orange stains on the floor stains that were there when we arrived, still there when we left. Advertising should state rooms only serviced every 4 days not left for guests to find out when they check in. We have never encountered this before. Large wardrobe only had 6 hangers on the rail. Good points: Reception staff friendly, good location for shops, restaurants and the waterfront. We expected a better quality of service in a 4 star facility. We will look elsewhere in future.

Room Tip: Ask what is and what is NOT provided.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maryannSydney
Reviewed 11 June 2011

My husband and I and my parents stayed in a two bed unit for a week last month. My parents have stayed here before but it was the first occasion for my husband and I. The positon is good in that it is on the Esplanade/Abbott/Aplin Street right it in the thick of it. Scores of restaurants and shops nearby with everything in walking distance.

The units were roomy and we had a balcony looking over the pool and Esplanade. Beds were comfy and there was a full kitchen. A full sized sofa would have been a good idea though as there was only a two seater and one chair for 4 people.

The two bed unit is actually a one bed unit with a connecting hotel room We wanted to give the unit to my parents but unfortunately in the bathroom the shower was in a high, very narrow bathtub. They are elderly and a bit shaky on their feet and so they didn't feel safe getting in and out of the shower. This is an obvious risk to guests, particularly children and the elderly although even my husband and I found it awkward to use. We're not sure why the bathroom was configured in this way as it is a huge space with plenty of room for a separate shower or at least a larger, lower bathtub.

Parking in the building is tight and on most occasions we weren't able to find a park in the underground car park and had to park on the street. This usually wasn't a problem though.

One thing we did find annoying about the Trilogy was the multiple security doors we had to go through to get from the street to our room - 4 or more. Often our cards wouldn't work and we had to regularly change them. As reception is on one side of the 3 tower building and our unit was on the other, this often involved quite a walk.

Overall, a nice place to stay, particularly for families but fix the shower configuration!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with direct access to the pool
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wisewoman0910
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We stayed on a package for 6 nights incl hire car.No meals included.Everything is close to this hotel/resort.Shops, Pier for Reef tours,restaurants,Casino,pubs and booking offices.My wife and I stayed in tower 3 on 10th floor which gave us good views to the pier and center of city.
Our room was motel style comfy but needed TLC.A door under main dresser would not close .safe would not open.small ants down wall from ceiling.Our milk was spotty.Replacements were also spotty.No room service not even to clean bathroom after asking at reception.Only got extra toilet paper after meeting cleaning staff in lift.Pool towels ripped badly.
Again... great location but would like a few improvements to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple