“Delicious flavourful meals”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

This family run restaurant is great value with fast friendly service.

Had a delicious spicy seafood Tom Yum and my partner had an amazing chicken Panang. The Tom Yum was the best I've had in 3 years. It's BYO so you can bring your favourite wine or beer!

1  Thank GwynevereM
There are newer reviews for Poemphun Thai Takeaway

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Food is fresh. Presented nicely. All meals look and taste great. Worth booking. Tables outside. Byo our wine. Everything excellent.

1  Thank LIVETOTRAVEL8
Reviewed 2 June 2016

I was staying down the road from Poemphun Thai on a business trip so grabbed a menu. It had a nice variety of offerings: salads, stir fry, curries, soups as well as entrees and desserts. Something for everyone. I had the Yum Nuea (beef salad). It was delicious. I was pleasantly surprised by the quantity of meat in my meal, the flavours were nicely balanced and I was left satisfied. The service was pleasant and efficient. I was offered the option of level of heat/ spice in my meal. I erred on the side of caution and went medium but I could have gone hot and been okay. The price is very reasonable also, having seen some astronomical prices for take away meals lately, I was very impressed overall.

1  Thank Shannynsteel
Reviewed 1 June 2016

I chose this restaurant based off it's TripAdvisor reviews.
In Cairns on a business trip, I was after some fast and reasonably priced Thai food.
I sure chose the right place! Mixed entree, chicken cashew nut stir fry with rice. Both delicious!
The service was super friendly from an older Aussie guy, seemed to be the owner. Very personable and ensured it was a great experience. Food was prepared fresh, fast and hit the spot.
I'll be back, thank you!

1  Thank Courtney B
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

We dine here whenever we can! The food is delicious, we have had many different dishes from chicken chilli Thai basil, Pad Thai, Pork Larb, entrees and I seriously had one of the best soups I've ever tasted here! Making me hungry thinking of it, might have to go for lunch today. The service is always great and very efficient,They open for lunch specials Mon-Fri. Wish the did on weekends but the owners need some time off. Definitely recommend this restaurant to all and that is coming from an Authentic Asian food frenatic

1  Thank Rebecca H