“Great European treat”

Ranked #2 of 52 Coffee & Tea in Cairns
Price range: USD 6 - USD 14
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Cafe Fika is the coffee shop baking and creating the true genuine flavours of Sweden with help of imported and local ingredients. We bake cinnamon scrolls, semlor, princess cakes, mazariner, chocolate/espresso balls and a wide range of Swedish Pastries, some daily and some vary from day to day, we also take pre orders for cakes and pastries for dinner party and functions. The menu are available all day and kept as Swedish as we possibly can. You can enjoy everything from fresh crispy waffles with cloudberry jam, classic dishes as Toast Skagen (dill& prawn mix) Meatball sandwiches or more filling a Swedish style cooked roast beef and potato salad. We dill cure our own salmon and serve it with the classic dill & mustard sauce and we serve fresh salads with cold smoked salmon that melts in your mouth, simply something Swedish for every tastebud!
Reviewed 5 November 2018

We had surveyed this Café/Shop before visiting Cairns, and called in there today. Located in the heart of the city with ample street parking available.

This is a small and friendly Café. Lovely staff, great little menu and fantastic coffee.
The shop has a variety of packaged and frozen foodstuffs from both Sweden and also The Netherlands.

We ordered the daily special which was a vegetarian Lasagne, Beef Croquettes in a roll, Roast Beef Salad and a Roast Beef Panini Filtered Coffee and Yoghurt based Smoothies.
Everything was well prepared and delicious and priced very reasonably.
I also picked up a can of Swedish Cod Roe which I have not had for more than 50 years.

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.I both commend and recommend this business and it is a treat for both locals and visitors.

They also offer free Wi-Fi, and have both inside and outside tables.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

I had the Dutch Croquette ... the croquette is delicious, the bread is crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Why wouldn't you go visit. Just order swedish meatball and don't forget lollis. I went there several times and ordered different dishes every time and they're always delicious.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Just rocked up one day while looking for a place to have a cup of coffee with some eggs on rye toast and do some remote work on my laptop. The girls were really nice and helpful and even let me stay for extra 10 mins after closing so that I could finish what I was working on :) Also, you can find lots of yummy Swedish treats there (not "lutefisk" though, no, hehe). Definitely, come and check out this joint!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I really like Cafe Fika. The atmosphere is very nice both inside and outside. The food is delicious and their coffees are great too. I also love to buy their licorice! It reminds me of time spent in Germany and Denmark. The woman who runs the cafe is also very sweet.