“Great flavour”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2015

This is a great restaurant - we have been here more than 4 times and the flavours are lovely.
(We went last night!)
The setting is really nice, being upstairs with view over the Esplanade.
Yes, it's probably a little more pricey than other places, but even I am happy to pay more for a nice meal and atmosphere (and I'm very careful with money).
Our favourites for mains are definately the barramundi - cleverly served into portions, so you don't need to mess with the whole fish...
And the pork - the flavours are divine.
Entree - the scallops are my favourite. My son loved the satay and the oysters are quite good, with Asian twist.
I think it's unfair to judge an Asian restaurant on whether it can make a good cocktail. Try the Singha beer instead.
I'd rather they be good at serving food.

1  Thank Sarah D
There are newer reviews for iyara by Sakare Thai cuisine

Reviewed 14 March 2015

Most expensive Thai food that I have had and the food was very average. Also the portions were small. Wine is expensive and the waitress didn't know much about the food on the menu - she hadn't even tried the dishes herself. Doesn't take Dinners Card. There are better Thai restaurants in Cairns.

1  Thank dunsie d
Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

Went here on Thursday. 12 customers and 3 staff, but still service was slow. Wait staff were friendly enough but not sure they have much experience. Ordered 2 entree and 1 main to be served together. Waitress came back to table to re check our order. When the order arrived, only 2 dishes. The other was not ordered. When the waitress that forgot the order brought our dish out late, she did not even say sorry for delay.
The Thai beef salad was $19 and was the sorriest excuse for a beef salad I have ever seen. It must have had about 50grams of steak, and lettuce and onion and maybe t2 cherry tomatoes. The main was average, with tough chewy meat, but at $31 it was well below expectations. Had $19 scollop dish, sauce was really nice (should have used it in the beef salad) but scollops a little over cooked. $91 for this meal, 1 cocktail, 1 water. Rice, 2 entree 1 main and $21 at cafe China after dinner to fill us up. Staff did not ask how hot we wanted our meals so some were mild some hot .
Seems many have gone here and had a good meal, so looks like it's pot luck, but when u take in to account price, service and quality, this would be my last pick of Thai Resturants in Cairns...

Reviewed 29 January 2015 via mobile

Great table service, food was interesting lovely ambience overlooking the esplanade had a great night

1  Thank lidia l
Reviewed 18 January 2015 via mobile

Having had a satisfying evening last night I returned tonight and what a disappointment! The long Island Ice tea was nothing like it. Even after telling and showing them photos on Google they were not able to improve it to what it should be. The excuse is: it's the bartenders first time to prepare this drink from their steady bar card. (Sitting now at Salt and have the real taste) well, my question what could feed a hungry man, knowing their small portions, could also not be adequately answered. The main course, Salmon, was with only little asparagus and the rice, served cold, costed an extra 4 $. As my remarks were not taken into consideration I left hungry, dissatisfied and 75$ less in my pocket.
(But the sweetness of the evening Was around the corner. Read my comment about Devine Gelato)