Stayed a week in an one-bedroom suite and enjoyed the convenience of the location opposite the hospital and within walking distance to the waterfront and downtown. The suite was self-contained and on site was a guest laundry (coin-operated drier and washer, free use of iron/ironing board) as well as a nice award-winning restaurant.
Kitchen/dining/lounge was small but adequate for a solo traveller or a couple. There was housekeeping daily and so was tidy and clean.
The surrounds were mostly quiet even when my room was near the after-hour gate and carpark. Unfortunately there was a constant humming noise from the air-con split system out the window of my en suite bathroom. There were aircon and ceiling fan in both the bedroom and the living/dining areas.
All in all this is an economical place to stay for work and if not staying here, the restaurant is still worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique style hotel with a Balinese theme, nestled amongst lush tropical gardens. Centrally located with a short stroll to the Cairns esplanade. Guests will experience warm hospitality, with personal, friendly and attentive service. An onsite award winning licensed Balinese restaurant offering authentic Balinese cuisine with a tropical ambience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Bay Village Tropical Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Hotel Cairns
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Cairns, Queensland