All reviews balinese restaurant small pool cairns hospital continental breakfast town centre no lift bed apartment kitchen area five minute walk comfortable stay reception staff the great barrier reef bayleaf esplanade microwave accommodation suitcases
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a cheap option, but didn't expect it to be so bad. The rooms were aged and poorly serviced, the mould through the bathroom was filthy and the shower was older than I was and broken. We had joined rooms and the other was no better, with a table that was broken and dangerous, and chairs that didn't fit under it. The pool was far too cold for any guest to swim and rarely sees natural sun light. My partner was bitten all over in bed, but we have no idea what from. The staff themselves were individually friendly, but a sense that they all disliked each other was just under the surface. Our fan was only just hanging from the ceiling, and when maintainance came they said they couldn't fix it this week. I suspect it has been in that state for some time. However, the restaurant is exceptional and our waitress was brilliant- tasty and vibrant food was worth the whole experience. Overall, the place has potential.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Reasonably priced and clean. Enjoyed our stay! The atmosphere is Balinese, as is the in house restaurant which is busy every night. Rooms are large and include kitchenette should you choose to prepare your own meals.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Corydon H
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst we attended the ironman. The apartment is old and the furniture extremely worn and stained. The beds are sinking and uncomfortable. Certainly not like the photos on the website and not Balinese inspired. The restaurant side looked lovely and inviting but the appartments across the road where we were sent need much love. Ripped and stained lounges and our bed sheets had holes in them. Certainly not worth the money we paid to stay there. I would recommend asking where you'll be put when booking. On the plus side the staff were nice.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brandi W
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed at bay village as part of an organised tour, we had a 2 bed apartment which was in a block opposite the main hotel. Everything was ok but no better than that. If traveling independently I am sure you could do better. One shining light is the hotels own Balinese restaurant which is excellent.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

On arrival the hotel staff was ver friendly and helpful, however some of the staff did not speak or understand much english and I found this to be very strange being in Australia and the hotel in general was in very poor condition. The breakfast was below average even if it was stated as a continental breakfast, if you wanted to have a full English you could upgrade at a cost of $9, although the restaurant was kind of nice to look at, it was hard not to look past the flys amongst the food. The room that I stayed in was once again below standard and very out dated but the room did have tea making facilities. As for location, the hotel couldn't be any further away from the shops and restaurants, it's roughly about 10-15 minutes walk away to all of the local bars & restaurants. I would also recommend buying bottled water even though the tap water was drinkable as I found the water to have a foul taste. The hotel boasts on the pool being it's main feature, however during my stay not one person entered the pool.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple