All reviews free pancakes bed dorm across the road a big shopping mall private room walkable distance swimming pool every morning great kitchen other guests free wifi cairns central shopping centre common areas movie night kitchen facilities air con solo traveller
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

The YHA is in a good location and within walking distance to most sights in the city. The rooms are okay, somewhat worn down though and there’s not much attention paid to details e.g. it would be nice if everyone had a little lamp by their bedside. Bathrooms however are pretty new and were definitely a plus. Kitchen is good as well, but it does get a little crowded in the evening. However it’s somewhat lacking atmosphere as there’s no bar and not many community events are organized. Staff was friendly. There’s no wifi in the rooms which is annoying.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sinawanders
Reviewed 16 July 2018

many apologies for not having reviewed this earlier. Our stay in April/March 2018 was exellent, the staff were very friendly - thank you to whoever wished me a happy birthday on your chalk board! The rooms were clean and comfortable, very hot but we managed to cool ourselves dowb by moving the bed slightly. Excellent location right in the middle of Cairns. Thank you ever so much we would definitelty stay here again

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie T
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Good location right next to a big shopping mall and within walking distance from the Cairn's Night Market etc. Very cozy and tidy common areas with sofas, fountain, pool and music. The kitchen was clean and organized. I highly recommend!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Essi T
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I was staying here for 5 days,

It is located right in front of Cairns Central, making this hostel located in super strategic.

All locations are reachable walking distance.
Many tours are provided here.

10 AUD discount for airport shuttle from Cairns airport, so you only pay for 5 AUD to get to the hostel.

Swimming pool, shared kitchen and big area, sufficient amount of shower room.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Stayed here at Cairns Central YHA for 4 nights from 24/04/18 to 28/04/18 & my very last stay here was in 2006. On arrival around 7pm on Tuesday 24/04/18 there was some confusion with my booking presuming I'd booked a room with a double bed, then informed at the front check-in desk I had only booked a twin room with bathroom. Therefore I had to pay an extra AUD $72.00, the first night I stayed in Room 307 on the second level with twin beds, the next morning I'm able to change room from 307 to room 406 on the top level for my last 3 nights with a double bed. The hostel rooms are clean & very basic & couldn't notice much change to the rooms since my last visit in 2006. The reception staff were polite & helpful & plenty of tourist brochures to read & book. I was only in Cairns for viewing properties to buy & not for sightseeing from Sydney. Free pancakes on offer in the mornings for breakfast & no complementary coffee or tea. Across the road there's a large food hall section inside Cairns Central Shopping centre & a short walk away for local bus stops to outer attractions. In Total paid AUD $356.00 for 4 nights [ I felt was expensive] + AUD $20.00 for return airport transfer booked over the internet.

Date of stay: April 2018