We stayed 2 nights in a 10th floor Harbour View room - more like glimpses between the other buildings. However we could easily see the 8am flotilla heading out to the reef & could see some of the mountains to our right.
Buffet breakfast was great ...lots of different food choices & they even had a chef on hand to make a personalised omelette or eggs! The fresh passion fruits were delicious!
The Sebel foyer is very open & grand, large selection of seats/sofas, if you are meeting friends. Lots of antique furniture dotted around the foyer area. Our room & bathroom were just above average for 5 star hotel! We stayed in the Pullman Casino on the same trip & that room was much bigger, better bathroom with double vanity & a separate toilet room! Though in Pullman our cheaper room meant cheaper views! So its all relative!
After we checked out we were offered a pass to the large pool area with 2 medium size pools with 2 spas... very nice palm trees planted on the roof, including a grassed area & gazebo ...on the roof!! VERY nice area just to chill & hang out! This area also had good & clean bathrooms & chilled filtered water on tap which is a nice touch! Waiter service to the pool area was easy to organise & cost standard prices for this service.
Our main gripes - not enough shaded lounges by the pool. While they have a totally covered area with chairs for eating & another area by the pool with about 8 lounges & 3 umbrellas (shading 2 lounges each), this all fills up rather quickly! The majority of the lounges are not shaded, which is a problem in the Tropics & we got badly sunburnt as we sweat off our suncreen a bit quicker than we thought we did!! The Cairns Pullman Casino had more shaded lounges!
The only other thing is that the interconnecting doors between our & the next room were not in anyway soundproof, so we could hear a teething toddler cry all night & the new parents trying to calm the poor child ..the Sebel very professionally dealt with this by easily changing our room in the morning & offering help with our bags. It was not Sebel's fault, kids are kids!
However who needs interconnecting rooms in 2012?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Cairns International is a grand upscale hotel conveniently located in the CBD of tropical Cairns, boasting 321 spacious rooms over 16 floors, with either harbour or hinterland views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Cairns International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Cairns Hotel Cairns
- The Sebel Hotel Cairns
- Sebel Hotel Cairns
- Pullman Cairns International Queensland