Lowest prices for your stay
Vio.com
AU$179
Fully refundable before Thu, 30 May
lyndsaysch
Cairns, Australia

On waterfront-location location location!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Dec 2023via mobile
Great waterfront hotel with great views of the sea and fabulous location fairly close to everything in walking distance. I stayed here for the 2nd time for my Xmas party this year and they looked after me very well. The lovely lady on front desk gave me a slightly earlier check in and a late check out. Also my room was upgraded so was totally amazing. The pool has now been renovated and looks great. I think it just needs a few more trees for shade as is very hot but apart from that perfect. Love this hotel and will always come back.
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: Nothing
Trip type: Travelled solo
    AU$131
0.8 km from Cairns Plaza Hotel
View more hotels in Cairns
1,431 results
All reviews great location ocean view suite across the road top floor good size reception staff within easy walking distance great room esplanade playground microwave muddies laundry reef
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2023 via mobile

Just love this hotel, so close to everything without the noise. Pool is getting a makeover so hopefully all completed when we stay here next. Never have a problem getting a park and lovely cafe over the road. Owners are pretty dedicated to making this one of the best hotels to stay at, in Cairns.

Room tip: Check when the pool is going to be finished.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2023

This is maybe the 3rd or 4th I've stayed here - each time I visit Cairns, I book other hotels thinking I want to try them then as my trip gets closer, I cancel the other booking and am drawn to Cairns Plaza. It's a quality hotel right on the Esplanade opposite Muddy's cafe (which opens at 5.30am if you need your early java fix). A short stroll into the CBD, it's always going to be one of my go-to hotels. Nicely fitted out rooms, good beds, solids showers and a new pool was being put in when I was there. Plus great views if you get a room higher up in the building. The only negative I would say is the rooms aren't super soundproofed. It's not awfu by any means but you can certainly hear people above you and sometimes from adjoining rooms. Don't let this put you off - it's not so bad that it will wreck your stay (just a bummer if you're a light sleeper like me). But hey I keep going back so it's not the end of the world!

Room tip: Book early to get better rates as it fills quickly and the rates jump. Higher in the building is best for views!
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2023

This was a last minute stay for us due to a flight cancellation. The room was large and contained a microwave and sink. There was also a balcony. The comfort of the beds were ok, but everything was clean. There was only a breakfast pack available so we had to have breakfast at a nearby cafe, which was great. No issues. A good place to stay a night or two.

Room tip: No breakfast, only a breakfast 'pack' for purchased. Better to go and eat at Muddy's Cafe across the road.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2023

My husband & I stayed here 1 night each before & after our trip out to a Barrier Reef Island. I booked it through Quantas (for about $188 AUD night) for location to airport and walking distance to restaurants (no dining on site). We just booked a basic room. We arrived late afternoon short ride via taxi (about $25 AUD) & checked into our 6th floor room. The other night we were in same type of room on 2nd floor, this time too low for Oceanview. It was basic, clean and spacious with Queen & 2 twin beds, table & chairs, balcony seating, fridge (which we used) and microwave plus some basic dishes.

We had gotten an email some weeks prior that starting the next day that the pool/patio and entrance area would be worked on. They appeared to be doing a full demolition. I love swimming but there is a huge pool right down the street off the promenade, not advised to swim in ocean because there are crocodiles nearby.

We walked a short distance along promenade (which extends 2.5 km) along ocean. There are nice spaces for people to walk, bring their dogs, run, parks, including a big one for kids, places to BBQ, fitness stations, tennis, basket & volleyball. There was also a large ferris wheel to ride. There were many nearby restaurants with water views and shops.

The walls were thin and you could hear voices and plumbing flushing but it didn't disturb our sleep. The staff seemed nice and the elevator worked fine. No issue with air conditioner or water pressure. Our only complaint the 1st night we stayed was the Queen bed was too hard. The subsequent night, the Queen bed was better. When we returned, the pool/entrance area was quite a mess and the entrance relocated to side of building. We wouldn't have wanted to stay there a week with construction going on but it worked fine for what we needed. We did pay an extra $50 for 1 hour to checkout at 12 pm instead of 11 since we had a late afternoon flight. Thought that was a bit steep but worth it to us.

Room tip: Ask for an upper floor, the view is much better if you can see the ocean. Would be nice to have a safe in the room too. We did use laundry
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2023

Located on the beautiful Cairns esplanade, an easy, pleasant two block walk to the main restaurant strip. The balcony of our 6th floor room overlooked the side street and had a good view of the harbour. Muddy’s Café across the Esplanade serves breakfast and lunch, discounted for hotel guests.
The room was spacious, had a queen and two single beds, table and chairs and a bench fitted with sink, frig, microwave, plates and cutlery. Bathroom had a large walk-in shower.
Reception is 24-hour and the staff were welcoming and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple