All reviewsshopping centresmall shoppingbusy roada pool view roomshuttle bushire carbus servicesized bedlarge poolgreat poolbit datedstayed nightsvisiting cairnspoolsauwoolworthstours
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We are still here and when we turned up on Wednesday morning at 4.30, we were greeted with a lovely smile and they new who we were.. The view from the room looking over the pool. Our king size bed is to die for.. Thank you for a lovely stay :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tracylea68
damian l, General Manager at Palm Royale Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be passing on your good words to the rest of the team. Hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Cairns. Your time spent to post this review is very much appreciated.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Well it was cheap but I still expected something better than this! The mattresses are completely worn out. I don't think I've ever slept on a mattress this bad before. Around midnight / 1am Asian tour groups arrived and made a lot of noise. After 45mins I called the Duty Manager and asked for this to be resolved but all he said was "Give them some time to settle down". Will definitely not stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Deb H

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay at the hotel. I will be discussing your feedback with the maintenance and reception teams in order to improve our service.
Best regards.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The beds in our room were appalling, not only were they over the hill and past their use by date, but they actually had holes in the mattress. Really disappointed in the lack of comfort at this hotel, cannot believe this hotel is rated as 4 star.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank IRENE0701

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay with us, please accept my apology. I will be discussing you review with the maintenance team in order to address your concern. Once again, thank you for you time in writing this review and I wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

good spacious rooms, great price. A little tired looking, but good service. Good breakfast in the restaurant, and beautiful pools. As a work trip to Cairns, this hotel was perfect for sleeping and eating. Good Value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Shea S,
Thank you very much for your feedback. It was a pleasure to hear that you had a good stay at Palm Royale Cairns. I will be passing on your kind words to the rest of the team and looking forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Cairns.
Your time spent in writing this review is very much appreciated.
Best regards.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Clean and tidy rooms, very old fashioned (old box style TV still) with dated furniture.
We unfortunately got a room which backed onto the main road and found the traffic very loud and difficult to sleep. Overall it was good for the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple