First up, be warned: If you need to be in the middle of Cairns, then this is probably not the place for you. If, on the other hand, you are flexible and can be a bit more relaxed, if you are happy to take shuttles and like to venture out on public transport, then this place is not only ideal, but a real bargain.
Rooms were extremely comfy and even had a touch of luxury (though I will admit we normally stay in budget/comfy). There was a lovely balcony, spectacular-looking pool that unfortunately we didn't have time to use (we'll simply have to come back for that) and really nice facilities. We were delighted.
Staff were very helpful and when I rang from the airport they said the bus would be about 35 minutes. However, it was there in less than half an hour. That's fine. I don't get my knickers in a knot about waiting for a bus. We also caught public buses, just across from the motel. These are cheap and you get to talk to locals and have a look at suburban scenery.
One morning we needed to catch the shuttle about 5.20 am. This was organised and driver turned up right on the dot. That was a great saving, as a taxi at that hour would have been much more expensive.
There was a special on for brekky when we were there. We took up the option and were so glad we did. Excellent breakfast: nice clean buffet for a price I don't remember but I do remember thinking it was great value. Friendly bloke in the restaurant tended to any needs we had, but mostly everything we wanted was on offer.
Very good place to stay. Easily deserves four stars and is probably nudging five.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape To Palm Royale Cairns Cairns, Queensland A world away from the everyday and within minutes of everything that Cairns has to offer – that’s the beauty of Palm Royale Cairns, not to mention its attentive service, fabulous guest rooms, choice of pools, magnificent landscaped gardens and numerous resort facilities. Mediterranean architecture blends seamlessly with the tropical environment of Cairns. Set against azure skies and an emerald backdrop of rainforest clad mountains, the modern exterior shrouded in lush greenery provide the perfect foil and beckon (as the Italians say) Amare la Vita…or ‘love of life’. Having successfully captured the tropical spirit of Cairns and its wonderful climate, Palm Royale Cairns is an inviting palm fringed oasis of aqua swimming pools and shady gardens. Laze the days away on sun-drenched terraces or retire to the air-conditioned comfort of your room after a day visiting the Great Barrier Reef, World Heritage Listed Rainforest or outback. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palm Royale Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Palm Royale Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Palm Royale
- Palm Royale Cairns Queensland