All reviews washer and dryer night market great location separate bedroom central location bbq area small kitchen apartment was clean centre of town living area serviced daily reef tour the air conditioning self contained the great barrier reef stayed here for nights reef terminal
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We got an apartment for a night. The room was OK. Nothing flash. The decor was dated, but had everything needed. The staff were very helpful. The location is the best part of this place. It is located a couple of doors down from the night markets, making it very central to most of the activities around the esplanade. The bed wasn't amazing, but for our purposes it was fine.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Ilpalazzo, Front Office Manager at Il Palazzo Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay at Il Palazzo, which is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I stayed at the Il Palazzo for nine nights in September 2017, and I am already planning to return. This is a charming and beautiful property in a fantastic location; with great amenities and friendly, outstanding staff. It is surrounded by restaurants, cafes and shopping; and within easy walking distance of almost everything, including the Esplanade, the lagoon, and the Reef Terminal. The Night Markets are a couple of doors down; and the new Aquarium is a short walk away. My one bedroom apartment was located on the 1st floor; and was spacious and nicely fitted-out, with a well-equipped kitchen and walk-in shower in the bathroom. There was also a washer and dryer hidden behind folding doors in the bathroom, which was very handy. I was amazed at how clean my apartment was! The bathroom was spotless (I'm very fussy), and I honestly could not find fault in any way. There was a good sized balcony, and a nice loungeroom area, with plenty of room to relax on the comfortable sofa or at the dining table. Although my balcony faced the street, it was extremely quiet; and I heard no traffic noise at all, even though I'm a light sleeper. There were several Foxtel channels on the television, including some movie channels. Tea, coffee, sugar, etc, were replenished daily; and I really enjoyed trying the Daintree Tea, which was lovely. Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc) were also replaced daily. But I was especially impressed with the wonderful customer service I received from staff at the hotel. My sincere thanks to Kay, Donovan, Caroline and Frances for their warm welcome and attention to detail; and for going "the extra mile" to make my stay a comfortable and happy one. I have a very painful hip condition, and Kay actually purchased a mattress topper prior to my arrival, to ensure my bed was extra-comfortable for me. I thought this was very kind of her. The swimming pool is located on the 1st floor, and is a lovely area with a barbeque and plenty of sun lounges. The pool itself is heated very well, and I enjoyed swimming and exercising in the warm water in the mornings and evenings. Overall, I can only highly recommend the Il Palazzo to anyone looking for reasonably priced, comfortable and well-situated accommodation in Cairns. Looking forward to returning there next year!

Stayed: September 2017
Ilpalazzo, Front Office Manager at Il Palazzo Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hi Lindy-Lou! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback on your recent stay with us here at Il Palazzo. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much and we very much look forward to seeing you back here again when you return. See you next year! Many thanks again and Kind regards, Caroline

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel, while showing its age just a bit, makes up for it by location. It's a block in from the Esplanade and a few blocks from the tour boats that go out to the Great Barrier Reef. It's also a couple of doors down from the Night Mall. Not to be missed, the fishy pedis! The Esplanade has row after row of restaurants of several varieties, most offering outdoor seating.
Fireworks are very popular we're finding and one night we saw an incredible show from our balcony.
Donovan and his wonderful wife were very helpful during our stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Ilpalazzo, Front Office Manager at Il Palazzo Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Linda,

Thank you so much for your very positive review of your stay at Il Palazzo, which is really appreciated. Yes, we do have a prime location here, which is one of the reasons that we are so fully booked. We also pride ourselves on attention to detail and our friendly staff are always very happy to assist guests in any way that we are able. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again at some time in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We stayed here as a family of 3 for 1 night before picking up our campervan and were really impressed with the facilities and location. The apartment was very well set up with a washer/dryer which came in very handy. It is right next door to the night markets and a 5 minute stroll from the lagoon which we really enjoyed. The staff were really helpful and gave us some great ideas for campsites to visit during the rest of our trip - all of which were excellent. A special thank you to the lady at reception from Cirencester who proved what a small world it is!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ilpalazzo, Front Office Manager at Il Palazzo Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at Il Palazzo. I am so glad that you all enjoyed your stay, and hope that you will get a chance to come back another time for longer! I hope you had a wonderful camping trip and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the recommendations that I gave you. Say Hi to Cirencester for me!! :)
Thanks again and Kind regards
Caroline

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

The one bed apartment was clean and spacious. The washer and tumble drier certainly a bonus. There was no view as it was on the ground floor. The TV was old and had a poor screen. The pool was nice but heated way too much and the pool area smelled of the restaurants below and the sound of air conditioning units was annoying. Certainly not the place to spend a relaxing day. The location near the marina and shops and restaurants was perfect.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ilpalazzo, Front Office Manager at Il Palazzo Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on your stay at Il Palazzo. We were somewhat surprised to hear that you could smell the restaurants below as we have never had a complaint of this nature before. I am wondering whether it might have been someone cooking in their apartment, perhaps with the windows open. Had you let us know about the television we could have provided you with another set. We are very fortunate to be in such an excellent location in the city. Our housekeeping staff are constantly being praised for the high standard of cleanliness which we consider to be extremely important.

Thank you for staying at Il Palazzo.

Reservations