Lowest prices for your stay
AU$232
No prepayment needed
Priceline
AU$232
Go to your Happy Price
travelup.com
AU$231
2,559 results
All reviews great location across the road one bedroom apartment city view hotel room reef terminal night market fresh towels good size washer and dryer reception staff great room would stay again the great barrier reef lagoon esplanade balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2024 via mobile

I enjoyed my time at the mantra.
Staff are friendly. Pool was clean, and gym facilities. Rooms are good.
I would have just like a small couch as the fold out bed for my daughter took up all of the lounge area. If not a couch then another arm chair to sit down and watch tv.
Kitchen faculties - the elec stove worked well. Perhaps some better kitchen things like saucepans a bit outdated.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2024

Avoid unless you want to hear a jackhammer and heavy construction noise beside your room! We booked a 1 bed esplanade view apartment with Agoda for 4 nights and upon checking in I asked if we could have the same room for our entire stay of 6 nights and I was happy to pay extra to upgrade the other 2 nights. We were put into a city view 1 bed apartment which wasn’t the room we had booked and on the second day of our stay we were awoken to heavy construction noise in the apartment next door. They were jackhammering up tiles and the noise was deafening. After several hours of this we called down to reception then went to speak with them. They assured us the noise would be one day only and offered us a coffee voucher as compensation. I complained that the noise was unacceptable and strongly believe no paying customer should be put next door to that noise and also raised that I was unhappy that we didn’t get the room we paid extra for to have the esplanade view. The manager asked me to send the confirmation email from our booking to confirm as he said that the city view room was booked in their system. We eventually were offered a room change from the next day but they had asked us to pay an upgrade fee even though I had proof I had paid for 4 nights in this room type and 2 nights in the lower category which we had been put into. I didn’t think this was fair but the manager was blaming the third party booking. We would have stayed in the lower category room and not complained except for the noise disturbance which continued for the next several days despite his advice it would be only a day. The room we moved into was so much nicer and more modern but we could still hear the renovation noise which seemed to be happening on every floor of the hotel. I have stayed at Accor properties all over the world and I’ve never encountered such bad customer service and expecting us to pay again more to stay in a room we have already paid for and provided irrefutable proof of this. It has really turned me off staying in any Accor properties in the future if this is how you treat the guests and loyal customers of many years. The rooms next door to the renovations should be closed off from being booked, it’s not fair on guests to have to be woken up by extreme noise and be treated rudely when they complain about it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2024 via mobile

We loved the location, view of the esplanade pool and staying in an apartment that meant we could cook when we want and eat at one of the many restaurants at the hotels door.

A little outdated for us ie shower curtains / bathroom. That said, we would definitely stay again.

Room tip: Check out Rusty’s Market for amazing fresh produce which is a small walk away.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2024

Tired, tired, tired, and gloomy! A giant tourist company like Accor should realise that one dump of a hotel reflects badly on their other offerings around the world. The linen was clean enough but that sticky old grey carpet made me feel like washing my feet again once I’d gotten into bed. And that was just the start. The electric drill at work in the next room put paid to an afternoon nap. And I know staffing is a problem nationwide but when I phoned to double check on my booking because I hadn’t received a confirmation I was told I DIDNT have a booking. That despite my quoting both my reservation and booking number. It took me another couple of hours to sort—- -time I didn’t have. Luckily i found an Accor central booking phone number and they confirmed my booking in seconds. It seems the receptionist at Mantra heard my name as SHOW rather than SHAW. But whay didn’t my reservation # work!! Overall vert overpriced and not suitable for people with reasonable expectatiions. Given the strange two tattoed ladies who were booking in at the same time as me, Accor is now a home away from home for someone who doesn’t have one. Truly ghastly.

Room tip: Go somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2024

We recently had our New Year stay at the Mantra Esplanade Cairns Queensland. We have booked this hotel every year for the past 6 years.
They overcharged me, I have been communicating with them with no communication back. The manager was to get back to me in January, still waiting on his call, email.

Room tip: Check today's room rates before signing.
Date of stay: December 2023