2 people are viewing this hotel
Go to your Happy Price
travelup.com
AU$254
2,559 results
All reviews great location across the road one bedroom apartment city view hotel room reef terminal night market fresh towels good size washer and dryer reception staff great room would stay again the great barrier reef lagoon esplanade balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2023

Having been to Cairns before, we knew the location on the Mantra so nothing was really a surprise. We wanted a hotel within walking distance of just about everything. It's clean, comfortable and quiet .

Date of stay: October 2023
Reviewed 17 October 2023

A wonderful place to stay while in Cairns
We booked an apartment, giving kitchenette, full sized fridge and dining table
As we stayed 8 days only had room serviced once - which was fine as if needed any more essentials given at reception
Our room overlooked the esplanade so was a little noisy but made us feel apart of the atmosphere
A small pool with spa onsite or the lagoon out the front
Plenty of choices of meal just outside the door and the marina just a block away
Friendly reception staff
Would definitely recommend

Date of stay: October 2023
Reviewed 3 October 2023

On arrival at the hotel I spoke to a lovely young lady (with glasses) who was very helpful and very pleasant. We arrived early and when we returned she had finished for the day. She was the highlight of staying at the Mantra!
The two staff working the afternoon shift were completely the opposite.
Attached you will find several photographs taken of room 519 showing
filthy curtains with missing curtain hooks,
filthy cupboard doors,
toilet flush button that required jiggling to stop it continuously running, mouldy grout around the basin,
dirty desk chair that is peeling,
multiple plaster patching that has not been painted over,
paint peeling off the front door,
bathroom door hits the toilet,
rust marks on the wall in the bathroom,
damaged bath.
We had been excited to stay on the esplanade at the end of our holiday, but the experience at this hotel tarnished our last few days in Cairns. I would be very hesitant to ever recommend it to our family and friends.
I contacted Accor who forwarded on the above but after two emails directly to the hotel....nothing.
AND they were pushing for us to sign up for Accor membership.
This room should be decommissioned.

Date of stay: June 2023
1  Thank Triscas
Reviewed 30 September 2023

I would like to express my utmost disappointment with the quality of our accommodation. I am attaching a couple of photos highlighting some of the concerns detailed as follows:

I was most uncomfortable using the outdoor furniture. As you will see from the photos, it was exceptionally dirty. My furniture at home would never be as dirty as this and nor would I invite guests to use it.

The dishwasher was also disgustingly dirty and had a horrible odour. I’m not even sure it worked properly. We set it going the morning we were leaving and it was making some unusual noises. I have a feeling it may have also been leaking.

I didn’t take a photo of it, however the quilt cover on the second bed also had a stain on the underneath of the cover which was close to my face at one point.

I felt very uncomfortable using the tray provided for the oven as it wasn’t clean, hence the reason I called through and requested some alfoil.

The shower in the main bathroom was not constantly hot. I didn’t use the cold tap at all when showering and the temperature fluctuated quite terribly. At one point when my husband flushed the toilet it scolded my back.

I am so very disappointed I actually paid close to $500 per night. It was most definitely not what I expected for this type of money. We have been owners of short term accommodation in the past and would never have invited guests to pay for what we have just stayed in.

Whilst I appreciate the staff member chatting briefly this morning on our departure, I didn’t really want to make a scene in front of our family members as I was embarrassed having invited them to stay with us in such poor conditions.

Date of stay: August 2023
Reviewed 29 September 2023

Nice hotel, clean and quite room, helpful staff. A relief after attempting to check in elsewhere and finding a very unsatisfactory room. Thanks to the Mantra team for finding me an alternative room which had everything I needed and a BATH too - bonus!

Date of stay: September 2023