Lowest prices for your stay
AU$256
Triscas
Devonport, Australia
Do Not Stay There
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Oct 2023
On arrival at the hotel I spoke to a lovely young lady (with glasses) who was very helpful and very pleasant. We arrived early and when we returned she had finished for the day. She was the highlight of staying at the Mantra!
The two staff working the afternoon shift were completely the opposite.
Attached you will find several photographs taken of room 519 showing
filthy curtains with missing curtain hooks,
filthy cupboard doors,
toilet flush button that required jiggling to stop it continuously running, mouldy grout around the basin,
dirty desk chair that is peeling,
multiple plaster patching that has not been painted over,
paint peeling off the front door,
bathroom door hits the toilet,
rust marks on the wall in the bathroom,
damaged bath.
We had been excited to stay on the esplanade at the end of our holiday, but the experience at this hotel tarnished our last few days in Cairns. I would be very hesitant to ever recommend it to our family and friends.
I contacted Accor who forwarded on the above but after two emails directly to the hotel....nothing.
AND they were pushing for us to sign up for Accor membership.
This room should be decommissioned.
Date of stay: June 2023
    AU$177
3.4 km from Mantra Esplanade Cairns
View more hotels in Cairns
2,559 results
All reviews great location across the road one bedroom apartment city view hotel room reef terminal night market fresh towels good size washer and dryer reception staff great room would stay again the great barrier reef lagoon esplanade balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2023

I would like to express my utmost disappointment with the quality of our accommodation. I am attaching a couple of photos highlighting some of the concerns detailed as follows:

I was most uncomfortable using the outdoor furniture. As you will see from the photos, it was exceptionally dirty. My furniture at home would never be as dirty as this and nor would I invite guests to use it.

The dishwasher was also disgustingly dirty and had a horrible odour. I’m not even sure it worked properly. We set it going the morning we were leaving and it was making some unusual noises. I have a feeling it may have also been leaking.

I didn’t take a photo of it, however the quilt cover on the second bed also had a stain on the underneath of the cover which was close to my face at one point.

I felt very uncomfortable using the tray provided for the oven as it wasn’t clean, hence the reason I called through and requested some alfoil.

The shower in the main bathroom was not constantly hot. I didn’t use the cold tap at all when showering and the temperature fluctuated quite terribly. At one point when my husband flushed the toilet it scolded my back.

I am so very disappointed I actually paid close to $500 per night. It was most definitely not what I expected for this type of money. We have been owners of short term accommodation in the past and would never have invited guests to pay for what we have just stayed in.

Whilst I appreciate the staff member chatting briefly this morning on our departure, I didn’t really want to make a scene in front of our family members as I was embarrassed having invited them to stay with us in such poor conditions.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2023

Nice hotel, clean and quite room, helpful staff. A relief after attempting to check in elsewhere and finding a very unsatisfactory room. Thanks to the Mantra team for finding me an alternative room which had everything I needed and a BATH too - bonus!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2023

Tired, old hotel in a great location. Staff were great and the room was clean on arrival but thats where the great ends. I was there for six nights and unless I paid extra my room would not be serviced so you had to ask for extra toilet paper. I have travelled the world and never had to ask for toilet paper! Hotel is old and tired and very noisy.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2023

Great location, this hotel is within easy walking distance of the required facilities. Friendly staff and very good size room. The hotel has all of the amenities you need for a short stay. Will stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2023

Great Location but that's where it ended for the Hotel room. Check what this Hotel does and doesn't have because there is no free wifi, no decent TV etc. I believe the apartments are probably fine but the Hotel room was dissapointing.

Date of stay: August 2023