Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Lol.travel
AU$229
Danielle B

Poor. Definitely not worth what I paid. Not sitting I would invite guests to my own home to

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Sept 2023
I would like to express my utmost disappointment with the quality of our accommodation. I am attaching a couple of photos highlighting some of the concerns detailed as follows:

I was most uncomfortable using the outdoor furniture. As you will see from the photos, it was exceptionally dirty. My furniture at home would never be as dirty as this and nor would I invite guests to use it.

The dishwasher was also disgustingly dirty and had a horrible odour. I’m not even sure it worked properly. We set it going the morning we were leaving and it was making some unusual noises. I have a feeling it may have also been leaking.

I didn’t take a photo of it, however the quilt cover on the second bed also had a stain on the underneath of the cover which was close to my face at one point.

I felt very uncomfortable using the tray provided for the oven as it wasn’t clean, hence the reason I called through and requested some alfoil.

The shower in the main bathroom was not constantly hot. I didn’t use the cold tap at all when showering and the temperature fluctuated quite terribly. At one point when my husband flushed the toilet it scolded my back.

I am so very disappointed I actually paid close to $500 per night. It was most definitely not what I expected for this type of money. We have been owners of short term accommodation in the past and would never have invited guests to pay for what we have just stayed in.

Whilst I appreciate the staff member chatting briefly this morning on our departure, I didn’t really want to make a scene in front of our family members as I was embarrassed having invited them to stay with us in such poor conditions.
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$223
0.2 km from Mantra Esplanade Cairns
View more hotels in Cairns
2,560 results
All reviews great location across the road one bedroom apartment city view hotel room reef terminal night market fresh towels good size washer and dryer reception staff great room would stay again the great barrier reef lagoon esplanade balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2023

Nice hotel, clean and quite room, helpful staff. A relief after attempting to check in elsewhere and finding a very unsatisfactory room. Thanks to the Mantra team for finding me an alternative room which had everything I needed and a BATH too - bonus!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2023

Tired, old hotel in a great location. Staff were great and the room was clean on arrival but thats where the great ends. I was there for six nights and unless I paid extra my room would not be serviced so you had to ask for extra toilet paper. I have travelled the world and never had to ask for toilet paper! Hotel is old and tired and very noisy.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2023

Great location, this hotel is within easy walking distance of the required facilities. Friendly staff and very good size room. The hotel has all of the amenities you need for a short stay. Will stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2023

Great Location but that's where it ended for the Hotel room. Check what this Hotel does and doesn't have because there is no free wifi, no decent TV etc. I believe the apartments are probably fine but the Hotel room was dissapointing.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2023

Do not stay here!
These are privately owned apartments that the mantra run. They are in poor condition and not the same as in the pictures. Hotel staff unhelpful when complaining about the quality of the room.
Dirty, smelly and no soundproofing as advertised.

• Trip type: Travelled with family