“very good”

Mantra Esplanade Cairns
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My fiancee and I and 2 other couples stayed here for 2 nights. I picked this hotel for its price and location. We got 'local' discount for living in Townsville and it was close to the birthday party we were attending located in the city. We were all very happy with the rooms, they even managed to get all 3 room next to each othe with adjoining courtyards/verandahs. we were dissapointed with the TV's in the rooms, they were very old and small. the one in the bedroom was onlty 30cm across on the diagonal, everything else was fine.

Room Tip: we were on the third floor facing the ocean however, we only had a view of the trees
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
mantraesp, General Manager at Mantra Esplanade Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Dear Roadtripper845,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.

I am pleased to advise televisions in all rooms are digital flat screen models so next time you visit you will have a contemporary model!

I am glad you enjoyed you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

the mantra esplanade couldn't be in a more perfect location. it is close to shops and restaurants and a short walk from the cairns lagoon. the property was clean and kept up well! i would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Dear MJKTravels,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are very pleased to hear that we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable holiday in Cairns.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Cairns.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

beautiful hotel in a great location. comfortable room with ocean view. just a couple minutes walk from the night markets (only australiana souvenirs), local restaurants on the same road and a couple minutes walk to the Marina with more restaurants. the public lagoon on the opposite side of the road looks amazing. 5 minutes walk to the local shopping centre. highly recommend.

Room Tip: ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adelaide69

Dear Adelaide69,

Thank you for choosing us as your accommodation provider on your recent visit to Cairns and taking the time to offer feedback on the hotel.

I am pleased we were able to be part of your memorable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next Cairns holiday.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

We were impressed when we pulled up outside, the lobby is very nice. We booked a double room, the room was very spacious, clean and had a balcony that looked onto the street and you can see the lagoon.

The hotel itself is right on the Esplanade in Cairns and across from the lagoon. Which is nice to go swim in, it is right next to many restaurants, bars and shops.

Really helpful staff Matt helped us a lot on reception and couldn't do enough for us.

The only thing that could be updated is the TVs they are a bit old. Apart from that I would highly recommend this hotel, if I came back to cairns I would stay here without a doubt.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte453

Dear Charlotte453,

Thank you for taking the time when you arrived home to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I have passed your comments to Matt - he was very pleased he was able to be part of your holiday memories with us here in Cairns.

I am pleased to hear you were impressed with the proximity of our property location to local attractions.

We hope we have opportunity to welcome you back to Mantra Esplanade.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

I do not usually write reviews, but I was very impressed with this place so I thought I would.

I did a big trip staying at a lot of places and really liked this one. This was actually the cheapest hotel (not hideously overpriced as some Australian hotels I found)I stayed in and the best.

Staff VERY helpful and organised my day trip pickups with no issues before advising places to see buses to take and where to catch them.

Hotel has a spacious reception which is glass and smart. The rooms are quite large and I was lucky to get a great view across the Esplanade.

The pool is compact but very nice, the gym is nice and spacious and free towels provided.

Hotel is located perfectly only a couple of mins walk to the reef terminal for your trips out. Also the night market is only a couple of doors down for souvenirs and food, and a McD's if close too for more reasonably priced and early doors breakfasts which I found useful.

I did not try restaurant which looked quite upmarket but it did smell good.

Generally a very relaxed and nice place which I thoroughly enjoyed staying at.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Dear Steven m,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Mantra Esplanade.

I have passed your comments to the staff as they do like to hear that they are instrumental in helping create wonderful hoiday memories for our guests.

I hope you had a safe and uneventful trip home and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again.