Oh oh Hilton, you let me down! From the get-go I knew I was flogging a dead horse. My welcome saw an elderly concierge staff member watch my struggle up 2 flights of stairs with luggage. I'm sure he was enjoying the comfort of air-con!
There were only two check-in staff who weren't enforcing HHonors line and had little help from an office manager who hid behind the wall. Both staff were uninviting and had very poor communication skills. However, my room was ready at 1230pm and in good condition. There was however NO blanket provided in my room. What the?
As expected, it was a typical Hilton Exec room however was looking quite tired with furniture damaged and a downlight hanging out of the ceiling!!! Don't count on having a superb experience at the exec lounge with an underage individual trying to enforce RSA on a group of 30+ Sixty+ Year olds! Good luck with that one :) Wine was pour yourself but spirits were strictly let the ONE staff member poor for 30 others. The wait in itself was enough to drive you to the terrible selection of BRUT. Yikes! A silly Nora Jones soundtrack was playing which did nothing for the dismal mood. The whole lounge is in desperate need of a refurb! Have a look at Hilton Surfers Paradise...
On top of this, there were none less than 5 buckets scattered around the lobby as the roof was leaking. Yikes! I would probably recommend walking across to the Pullman.
GM, check out your staff service standards (minus housekeeping) and get back to me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Cairns hotel is the perfect base for exploring the diverse wonders of this truly unique region, famous as the meeting place of two natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Our modern and inviting Cairns hotel rooms and suites are luxurious oases of comfort and convenience, offering pristine new bathrooms and spacious balconies with views of Trinity Inlet or Cairns Esplanade and the unique cityscape and blue-green mountain ranges beyond. Stay connected with the latest technology in the fully-equipped business centre. Enjoy relaxed, al fresco dining at the award-winning Mondo on the waterfront, or discover authentic italian flavours at Simply Italian. Experience modern, tropical, paradise today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Otel, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Hilton International Cairns
- Cairns Hilton International
- Hilton Cairns Queensland