Algotels
Priceline
MadeInOz
Cairns Region, Australia
192122
Nowhere near as bad as I expected after readng these reviews
Reviewed 27 Aug 2022
Unfortunately I only looked up these reviews when I couldnt get in contact with the property so I was very apprehensive about the place but I had already paid and didnt want to waste my money.
First impressions - there is zero service and the place is awful. There are no staff at the reception so everything has to be done by ringing an external number (and its a 555 number so I'm assuming its Sunshine Coast)
I had received an email upon booking saying the reception has limited hours so ring ahead to get the key safe combination. Tried that, the phone was never answered. Stopped in on the way to our final destination nearby, its a ghost town, there is no-one around. Rang the number suggested on my own phone (because the direct line they provide doesnt work) only to be told to come back later.
Anyway so we come back later and the person that answered the phone after 3pm was much more pleasant and we had our room key in less than 2 minutes of calling them. (Note - still no reception or any staff and this was at 3pm in the afternoon). No directions on how to find the room or carpark so it was a little adventure. Got inside the building and its filthy, I dont know the last time the stairs have seen a vacuum cleaner or the walls wiped. I'm almost ready to cut my losses and just leave.
However, we get inside the room and its of a reasonable size and the room itself is spotlessly clean. The microwave, electric jug, air-conditioner and fan appear to be brand new. The furniture is aged but was in reasonably decent condition. The carpet is old but not worn or stained. The bed and pillows were really comfortable. Towels were a little thing but the water pressure was great and again the bath, shower fittings, grouting and toilet looked very new and were spotlessly clean. We had a great nights sleep with no noise transference from other rooms or from the street. TV even had youtube. Tea, coffee and basic toiletries supplied. There was a housekeeper there when we arrived and she was there again when we left so as far as we are aware the rooms are serviced even on the weekends.
There was adequate parking available and the hotel was pretty full during the period we were there. The restaurant/bar is not operating at the moment. The poos was working, it had a bit of leaf litter and dirt but given its proximity to the road thats not surprising.
This property has the potential to be pretty good if they just cleaned up the exterior a bit (rubbish in the ponds and garden, general maintenance) and had onsite staff. Inside the rooms were perfectly fine and clean if not fancy. Great location.
Date of stay: August 2022
  • Hotel Website
    AU$124
3.2 km from Cairns Southside International
Pool
Hotel hero image and pool
    AU$233
  • Hotels.com
4.4 km from Cairns Southside International
  • Doubletree
  • Hotels.com
View more hotels in Cairns
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2022 via mobile

By far the worst place I've ever stayed. Curtains dusty, bed sheets not ironed, lights dont all work, showers keeps dripping, carpet feels dirty, the noise from their staff members cleaning was just ridiculous, with their washing machines running all day. Had to park our car a block away as there was never space in their car park. The worst experience ever. Never again.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2022

I booked and pre-paid for three nights at this property - but would gladly have moved out immediately had I been able to do so. Reception seems to have very loose hours - I never saw anyone staffing reception. The carpet was stained and marked, the curtains were filthy and did not close properly. Doors and walls had crudely patched and repainted repairs. Garden bed was full of discarded cigarette butts and other litter. Bathroom taps were very hard to turn off - so drips were a constant source of annoyance. Laundry floor filthy. Ceiling lighting: 2 / 4 out of action. I asked Manager to repair or replace. No action. No response. No room servicing. Internet said this place had a restaurant and bar. Nope. Closed. A/con unit did not heat - but was so noisy I would not have used it even it it did heat the room. A very unpleasant experience all round. Do not stay at this property.

Room tip: Don't choose a room here
3  Thank Hallomega
Reviewed 25 July 2022

Customer service was fantastic. I stayed in the spa suite and the room was absolutely beautiful. Best way to spend my birthday. Highly recommend if you’re visiting Cairns.
Thank you!!

Cilla @ Gotta Glow xx

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2022 via mobile

I would give less if I could. This room absolutely stinks, I have traveled 9 hours and am tired else I would go home. I read many reviews saying this place is bad. It is ! It should be at least cleaned so it doesn’t make you want to puke. This is an honest review. Cost 150 aud but was only room I could get. Never again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank miketlr43
Reviewed 29 June 2022

Comfortable rooms. Clean. No frills but very ami able. Owner went to great lengths to make sure I was ok with my room being disabled. Pool clean. My daughter and I booked a room with two beds it was very comfortable Wi-Fi was good television was great fridges great bathroom clean and big no internal noises from other rooms.

Room tip: Ring Amanda in advance to make sure your needs are met
Date of stay: June 2022