Lowest prices for your stay
AU$221
Hotels.com
AU$221
2,891 results
All reviews double tree barramundi the vine warm cookies tour desk ocean view buffet breakfast excellent location duty manager the great barrier reef bit dated across the road night market esplanade balcony atrium rsl
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2023 via mobile

Great hotel right in the heart of Cairns with eateries and access to reef terminal all within walking distance.

Great gym area with free weights, machine, treadmills and also elliptical trainer. Large pool and adjoining spa next to it.

No need to pack pool towels as these are provided in the pool area. Large pool and plenty of deck chairs to bake yourself on.

Buffet breakfast was included in our package and it kept us fuelled for the days adventures. Everything catered for with fruits, cereals, eggs, pastries and also salads.

Rooms are quite spacious and look like they’ve had a refit. Amenities provided in form of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap and moisturiser. Tea and coffee facilities in each room along with mini fridge.

A flaw is on the tv… TVs are old and not smart therefore no access to Foxtel channels or ability to access Netflix etc.

The hotel is kept clean and the manager Marlon did everything to ensure our stay was comfortable and relaxing after a few issues on arrival.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve23G
Reviewed 30 October 2023 via mobile

While the room is small and the hotel is dated,for what you pay the DoubleTree does good. The staff are all so friendly and helped us out with everything we needed. The breakfast looks like it is going to be average but was much better than expected with lots of options that I don’t normally see. Lastly, the location is perfect to explore Cairns. Thanks DoibleTree we loved our stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2023

The hotel is in a good location near the sea and main street where all the restaurants and bars are. The reception area is large, bright and clean but the room was well below what I would expect at a Hilton. The shower gel container in the bathroom was empty though I used shampoo to shower instead. After the first night they did not make the bed, empty the bins or clean the rooms. I had left a note about the shower gel and thst was replenished. I mentioned that the room had not been cleaned to one of the staff. However , after the second night, the room had still not been cleaned or the bed made. I took this up with the manager who apologised and gave me coffee and milk sachets as these had run out. She also gave me a voucher for a free drink but I did not use it as their bar was about to close. After the third night the room had been cleaned and bed made but they did not replace the bath mat. After the fourth night, they finally got things right. As for the WIFI, the signal was very weak and had to use 4G instead. These were not isolated instances. Other guests complained of similar problems.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2023 via mobile

Excellent hotel - 3 adults stayed in room with 2 double beds, plenty of space. Great bath and shower. Hotel really well designed, spacious lobby, lovely pool, gym and courtyard. Excellent location right on the waterfront and boardwalk, short distance from the lagoon, night markets and harbour. Easy run up to the botanic gardens and Mount Whitfield.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2023

Stayed for 6 nights in October. The location was amazing for access to everything in Cairns. Paid for a city view double room and requested a high floor, which they were able to accommodate. The room was nice, with floor to ceiling windows and views over the mountains. The bathroom was very small though, but as a single traveller it suited my needs. It was a very peaceful room and I slept well every night. The pool is nice and unlike some other places, it gets the sun for large part of the day. I had the breakfast buffet which I enjoyed, but it was the same most days, however I experience that will most breakfast buffets so can't really complain. The reception staff were particularly friendly and helpful. I arrive on an early flight from Brisbane and they text to say my room was ready an hour earlier than check in, which I was very grateful for. The only downside really is the TV in the room, it was huge but no extra channels e.g. Fox or Netflix, and forgive me for saying this but regular Australian TV is dreadful. Luckily the Wifi was excellent, so watched stuff on my iPad instead, not the end of the world I know.

• Trip type: Travelled solo