This hotel is located right on the Cairns Esplanade, close to lots of alfresco dining options and the parks. It is at the oposite end from the lagoon, but is only a short walk from the skate park and other wonderful playgrounds so is ideal for families with kids.
We actually booked this room as a mystery room on last minute as we had originally thought that we would only be doing a day trip to Cairns and needed a room at late notice. Having said this we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms compared to some of the places that we had previously stayed in Cairns.
The room was appointed with twin queen beds which meant that as a young family we were able to save some money and all lodge together for a night. The kids absolutely loved the concept that we were having a family sleep over.
Once we included a walk down to the icecream shop and an in room movie, the children really did feel like their weekend was complete.
The one downfall I found at this hotel occurred during breakfast service. Unfortunately housekeeping had decided that breakfast service and cleaning the lobby toilets go hand in hand.
Anyone with children will tell you that the moment that you sit down in a restaurant, the children suddenly 'need to go...NOW'.... as a mother of a child who is only recently toilet trained three yr old I found out the hard way that the only toilets open were all the way at the other end of the hotel, which meant that I was suddenly racing the to navigate the atrium to get the now "busting" 3 year old to the bathroom. This was simply a case of poor planning when closing ammenities during a busy time like breakfast.
It didn't ruin my trip and overall we enjoyed our stay so much that we will book direct with the hotel next time we need a room.
Note - This hotel has parking which is secured after 6pm for guests which is a bonus as Cairns street parking can be impossible to find once the sun sets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea, and a stunning natural setting amidst landscaped tropical gardens, the oceanfront DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns is just a short walk from the city center, and Cairn's business, retail and entertainment districts. The hotel overlooks the picturesque Cairns Esplanade, and is just moments from Cairns Lagoon and Cairns Casino. Enjoy easy access to Cairns Convention Center and lots of attractions, including the World Heritage listed Daintree Tropical Rainforest and the Atherton Tablelands. The Great Barrier Reef departures terminal is 100m away, and Cairns International Airport is only 10 minutes' drive from our Cairns hotel. Our onsite tour desk will help you explore the wonders of this unique region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hotelopia and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Holiday Inn
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Cairns Queensland