Holiday Inn Cairns
An reasonable stay at this Holiday Inn. Our recommendations would be to ask for a sea view room. These are large rooms, with plenty of space for all the luggage necessary for holiday travel.
The hotel is situated on the sea front and is quite large. There are spacious reception areas and an adequate though not over caring staff. An underground car park is available with elevators direct to reception. The bar area is pleasant and there is an open air space in the centre of the hotel which has trees and a pond with fish. All very pleasant when the sun shines but a little uncomfortable when it rains as the floors become quite slippy.
The restaurant was adequate but not exceptional (especially breakfast which was actually quite poor) and there are plenty of food outlets nearby offering menus from around the world.
The staff were mostly helpful without being over attentive and the service level was average. Internet charges were extortionate but negotiable with the management.
The hotel is well situated but you do need a car if you want to explore the back of town areas. The main airport is about seven kilometres from the hotel.
Our impressions were of an average type Holiday Inn, it has a slightly dismissive attitude to guests who are mostly holiday makers and unlikely to be repeat business and therefore service levels are not always of the standard of other Holiday Inns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea, and a stunning natural setting amidst landscaped tropical gardens, the oceanfront DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns is just a short walk from the city center, and Cairn's business, retail and entertainment districts. The hotel overlooks the picturesque Cairns Esplanade, and is just moments from Cairns Lagoon and Cairns Casino. Enjoy easy access to Cairns Convention Center and lots of attractions, including the World Heritage listed Daintree Tropical Rainforest and the Atherton Tablelands. The Great Barrier Reef departures terminal is 100m away, and Cairns International Airport is only 10 minutes' drive from our Cairns hotel. Our onsite tour desk will help you explore the wonders of this unique region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Hotelopia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Holiday Inn
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Cairns Queensland