“Flavour bomb”
Review of Little Sister

Little Sister
Ranked #44 of 765 Restaurants in Cairns
Reviewed 30 September 2023

Holidaying in Cairns we thought we’d give Little Sister a try. Was a quieter weeknight. Being spoilt for choice on the menu, we opted for two courses. Service was lightning fast and super friendly without being intrusive. The food was spectacular. We lamented how much of the menu we failed to try. So much so, we went back a couple of nights later on a Saturday to sample even more.
Again, engaging wait staff, service was still fast across our three courses this time around even with heavier patronage and again, the food was out of this world. Happily tipped above the usual on both occasions. Partner and I firmly agreed Little Sister will be on the ‘to-do’ list when we venture up this way again!

Reviewed 27 September 2023

My new favourite restaurant in Cairns. Excellent food with great flavours and presentation. Sharing plates in the Asian Fusion Style. Servers were attentive and friendly. The restaurant is well located on the Esplanade with outdoor seating which is pleasant on a warm night. I will return.

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 16 September 2023 via mobile

Fabulous restaurant with a fabulous menu and cocktails, we had great service but would recommend to book , not really for young children as they don’t cater for them.

Reviewed 2 September 2023 via mobile

I had been attracted by the place’s sophisticated nonchalance, like places in Sydney and SoCal or New York, with a Singaporean feel to the eclectic menu. So I swung by the next day and snagged a table (book well in advance!!)

Each dish was well-crafted and perfectly presented. Personally I would recommend focusing on the small plates, at least the first time. My faves were the scallops, an astoundingly sophisticated lobster roll, and a superb betel leaf and sweet tofu, although frankly every single dish was fantastic. And the cocktails get a good rep but now that I am cutting back on alcohol I tried with some trepidation a gin drink. The first virgin cocktail I’ve had wihich actually was worth drinking (in fact I ordered 2!).

The staff was fantastic - attentive, helpful and exceedingly creative in fitting those without reservations in if possible. My only regret is it’s so far away!!

Reviewed 21 August 2023 via mobile

Great atmosphere, really tasty food, service is exceptional. If you go, the chocolate fondant is one of the best desserts I’ve ever had. And it’s all for a very reasonable price.

Date of visit: August 2023