Open today: 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Discovery Tours Australia tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Discovery Tours Australia
from USD 180.40
More Info
from USD 151.50
More Info
All reviews mossman gorge daintree tea house cape tribulation half day tour small group morning tea solar whisper barramundi land rover port douglas palm cove restaurant owner his knowledge fruit flagstaff hill afternoon ice cream suspension bridge
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I had an amazing time on this tour. Our guide, Jean, was so knowledgeable and he made the tour! We will definitely book again with this company and ask for Jean.

Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that Jean took such care of you on your day and helped you to enjoy your tour with us. I will pass on your feedback to him. We look forward to having you on tour with us again someday.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We booked a day tour from Cairns to Cape Tribulation, including Mossman Gorge, a boat trip on the Daintree River, Cape Tribulation and a short visit to the Daintree Icecream Factory. It was an absolutely perfect day and we enjoyed every second of it (including spotting of crocodiles, a cassowary and wallabies). Mick, our tour guide and driver, made this an unforgettable day. It is a long day, but worth every part of it. It includes all the great places north of Cairns as well as a nice morning tea and a great lunch. We would recommend this trip for anybody who would like to see as much as possible in one day.

Chris S, Public Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear how much wildlife you were able to see in the wild. There is a lot to see on our Daintree day tour, I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your day with Mick. I will pass on your comments to him. Thank you for traveling with us.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic day, lunch at the Daintree tea rooms was brilliant with the owner giving an interesting and humorous commentary on some of the Daintree native fruits.

Star of the day though was Carsten our guide. Humorous friendly and a wealth of local knowledge. He made the day for us a memorable and enjoyable one. Well done.

Hi Mark,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear that Carsten looked after you on tour with us. I will pass on your comments to him. The guys at the Daintree Teahouse offer our guests a great service with their native fruits talk and I am pleased that you enjoyed it.
Thank you for traveling with us.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Welcoming, friendly, informative and thoroughly enjoyable are just a few of the words that come to mind to describe the absolutely awesome day tour we had with Mick from Discovery Tours on our Daintree and Cape Tribulation day tour..!! From the moment we were picked up from our hotel in the quality vehicle, to the well organised timing of the whole day and the perfect finish with a tasty ice cream on the way home, this was a tour I would highly recommend to anyone who was looking for a high quality and really informative day in this fantastic part of Australia..! 5 of 5 well done Mick..!

Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hi Don,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that Mick helped you enjoy your day with us. I will pass on your feedback to him. It is always wonderful to get such a glowing review. As a small family owned and run business it means a lot to us.
Thank you for travelling with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

What an awesome full day. We had Warren our guide wow awesome with a wealth of knowledge. Stopped at Port Douglas then awesome morning tea at Mossman Gorge this place amazing. Then to Daintree Tree house for lunch highly recommend the Barra then a cruise up the river where we saw about 4 Crocs and then up to Cape Tribulation where we saw a Cassawary and we stopped for an Ice Cream highly recomend the rainforest flavour then onto the lookout to take in the view and eat our ice creams then onto our way back to accomodation. Highly recommed this tour it is Wonderful. Thanks again Warren

Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Hi Carmel,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that Warren helped you enjoy your day. I will pass on your wonderful feedback to him. It's fantastic that you had the opportunity to see so much wildlife in the wild. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the lunch and our ice cream stop as part of your day. Thank you for travelling with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Jean took my partner and I with 2 others out today for the best tour we have ever been on. He was very informative and very entertaining. We would highly recommend to everybody when visiting Cairns to give them a call

Chris S, Public Relations Manager at Discovery Tours Australia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Hi Deanne,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your day with us and that Jean took care of you on the day. It is always great to have such positive feedback. Thank you for travelling with us.