“Great food great service”

Mizuna Restaurant - Novotel Oasis Cairns Resort
Ranked #263 of 649 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I ordered the market fish as a room service meal. It came before the 35 minute wait that I was told to expect. The fish was well cooked, flaky with a crispy skin & the accompaniments well matched and very fresh. The gentleman that brought the food up was very professional and polite. Great food and service!

2  Thank Nomes29
Jo M, Manager at Mizuna Restaurant - Novotel Oasis Cairns Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback Nomes29. i will pass it on to the team.
Food and Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Old hotel - no longer looked after. The restaurant nice setting but for a expensive hotel the food was disgusting, the staff poor hygiene - serving food and sweating everywhere from the kitchen. Other staff over familiar and treating other staff badly to show off.
This restaurant should be ashamed.

HI Kmp40 if you could please contact me at fbm@novotelcairnsresort.com.au to further discuss the quite serious issues you have raised. I would like some extra information on which team members so i can follow up your complaint and manage the team accordingly. thank you for your feedback
food and Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Great service, food was to perfection no complaints at all. Highly recommend this place, well done guy's keep up the great everything!

Jo M, Manager at Mizuna Restaurant - Novotel Oasis Cairns Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

I will share with the team, they will be so pleased to hear of your great dinner experience.
FBM
Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This is my second visit driving up from brisbane with my family. Breakfast has got quite a change since my previous visit in november.
However i was told that i have to pay for my eggs which was actually disappointing.
I remember there was a asian male chef that stands outside doing omelettes for our family of four for free. His omelettes were so much better compared to the ones we paid for which was bland tasteless and oily.
The guy at the reception greeted us with a smile that makes our start to the day a beautiful and wonderful one. overall breakfast and service is worth the price.

Thank you john j for your review. We have changed our breakfast structure, we now rotate our egg selection. I am however sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your omelettes as much as when Jason made them.
I will also pass on your feedback to Glen at the desk. He will be happy to hear he helped to enhance your day.
Jo mckenzie
FBM
Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

(MIZUNA RESTURANT
Mizuna Restaurant offers hotel guests and city clientele a refreshingly different perspective on modern À la carte dining. Mizuna Restaurant at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort is the ideal choice for breakfast and dinner)
We went to this restaurant MIZUNA last night and we booked under the assumption they would be busy since Novotel is a world wide company and a reputation for the best restaurants. But we were surely disappointed, we walked in and it was dead , there was one other person in the restaurant and you would have thought they would have had our table ready when we got there but no, then it took them about 15 min to ask if we wanted a drink in which we ordered coke for the guys which one asked for post mix and the other a bottle but he got post mix anyways because the bottle was hot but they didn't ask if would like the post mix just gave it to him. Two Canadian Clubs with soda water and fresh lime, we paid $10.50 for a glass of soda water, We looked at both menus, a bar menu and Alacarte menu both were pretty much the same poor range, anyways ordered Garlic bread pizza , fish&chips salad and pork belly burger with sweet potato chips from the bar menu. Food come back. Looks okay but the fish was over cooked and the salad was wilted and the chips soggy, the fellow who had the burger said it was like eating a fat burger, his sweet potato chips were the nicest thing brought to our table I think. The garlic pizza bread was soggy and the cheese was too over powering only one person actually liked it and I think that was cause he was hungry. We notice for the amount of staff nobody should have waited to long for anything , but there was a lot of waiting around for people I think by the time we left there were a five tables all up. Would I recommend this place to anybody no way, the only thing going would be location and the outdoor area and the waiter #Jet who actually gave a hoot that people were there. Checking to see if people were happy with there food or drinks.
This place needs to revamp there menu and customer service

Jo M, Manager at Mizuna Restaurant - Novotel Oasis Cairns Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Good morning krisnics
Thank you for your feedback. firstly i would like to apologize for your table mix up. I sat you on your table outside, and i actually read the bookings diary incorrect, so i do apologize for that. I will be taking your feedback to our head chef and looking into the problems you faced on the evening. We are looking into changing the glass sizes with the CC as i agree the larger glass definalty affects the taste of the drink.
We would like to offer you dinner again if you will take us up on the offer please email me at fbm@novotelcairnsresort.com.au

Also i will pass on your feedback to Jetsada, he is defiantly a winner in our eyes also.
Thanks Jo