“Fantastic dinner”

Ranked #73 of 635 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: USD 11 - USD 28
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Australian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great menu of international dishes with a focus on a French cuisine. A restaurant experience which the whole family will enjoy. For locals and tourists alike.
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We ordered the trio dips to share between three people. The bread was very filling and two of the dips were very tasty, one was okay. The waiter didn't let us know the dip flavours and we ended up forgetting to ask. Apparently they change the flavours regularly.
For the main I had their special which was the Beef Wellington...OMG!! It was the best one I have had in a very long time. After my first taste, I took my time in eating it as it was delicious. The meat was beautiful and tender, the pastry crispy and the mushroom topping inside was well spiced.
One of my friends had the Pork Belly, which looked fantastic and she confirmed it tasted wonderful.
My other friend had the Beef Wellington as well and she thoroughly enjoyed it too.

The restaurant is small and intimate, perfect for small gatherings or special occasions. We didn't feel hurried so it was a relaxed dinner.

The only negative was the two gentlemen waiters didn't look busy enough and when they weren't standing there looking at everyone they were topping up water that really didn't need to be topped up.

Thankfully the meals were exceptional, we'll definitely we back.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely evening at Linga Longa. The menu is varied, and the food delicious. The portions are qite large, and we could certainly have enjoyed 2 courses, but the dessert menu was not to be missed, so 2 became 3, with the addition of the Russian honey cake. The staff are very helpful. We have been to Linga Longer before, and will be back.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Our recent visit to this restaurant was so disappointing we wont be going back anytime soon. In the past we have enjoyed good but not great food and exceptional service in a quiet friendly dining room.
Something has changed. Our waiter was efficient enough but dismissive and arrogant. We ordered flame grilled calamari for an entree which came out tough and rubbery. When we told our waiter he wasnt interested. The fish of the day was overcooked and covered with a pile of rocket. The vegetable side plate was weird and inadequate. I ordered the duck which was also very dry. Desserts were ok apart from the pavlova which was served with rough cut slices of melon. All in all the experience was an expensive waste of money.

LingaLongaCairns, Owner at Linga Longa International Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

This feedback is very surprising and disappointing for us. We serve a lot of customers every week and as you can see from other reviews, the feedback is usually very good. We are proud of our team and good job they do. Anyway, we offer our apologies and hope that you will have another opportunity to visit us in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Second visit to this restaurant and once again did not disappoint! If you enjoy traditional dining in a quiet, unhurried atmosphere then this is the restaurant for you. Food is exceptional, service discreet and attentive, and the wine list matches the dishes perfectly.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Had a steak sandwich and the steak was melting in the mouth. They used sourdough for the bread which was to hard to chew through however this my only fault of the whole meal. Everything was delicious! I then had a creme brûlée for dessert. This was one of the best creme brûlée I have ever eaten. So very creamy and the sugar on top was burn just right! Not recommended for a family meal as it was a sophisticated setting. Lovely for a date night or dinner with friends.

LingaLongaCairns, Owner at Linga Longa International Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thank you very much Rosey, for your review. We very appreciate it. But we have to say that we are not agree that our restaurant is not recommended for family meal. We welcome all families and we are always happy to see kids here because we love them.
Anyway, thank you very much and we hope to see you again.
Best Regards,