“Wonderful ✨🌟”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

You'll be delighted with the food and ambience of this restaurant. Only a few minutes by taxi if you're staying in the centre of town, well worth the journey. BYO wine to compliment the dishes you choose, and there is a beautiful variety of traditional Thai cuisine.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (366)

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

I went here based on TA reviews. It's approx 10 minutes drive from Cairns Esplanade. I ordered tom yum soup, papaya salad, deep fried barramundi and sizzling beef. Let's start with the good bits first:
- the waitress that took my order was lovely. In fact all the waitresses appeared to be really friendly.
- the papaya salad was beautiful with the right balance favours.
- the deep fried barramundi with tamarind sauce was excellent. I don't usually eat fish as I hate the "fishy" smell, but this dish was perfect with the sweet and sour tamarind sauce.
Now, the not so great things:
- the tom yum soup was way too salty and sour. I can take salty food but this was too much.
- the sizzling beef was mediocre. The description said 'chilli sauce' but I could not feel any heat.
- service was sloppy at the end. I didn't get the bill until at least 20 minutes after requesting for it, as the first waitress forgot. When I finally got the bill, it was another wait to pay as the counter was crowded with phone/takeaway orders and other people waiting to pay.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Our friends favourite Thai Restaurant in Cairns, we went with them for an evening meal. In the southern end of town it could be easily missed. Walking in findsvtwo dining areas, basic settings like some cafes in our favourite city, Chiang Mai, friendly staff and a fairly large menu ranging from the three main regions of Thailand, old photos on the walls.
The menu, easy to select from, came out well presented. The food was tasty, though my selection was missing some of the flavours associated with Thai, a little too sweet but not salty or sour. It did not come with lime/lemon to add if needed. Overall the others were happy and the BYO was well received. With more custom and popularity, our friends say it does a great takeout trade, it will be one to look forward to returning to at a future date.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

After tossing up a bunch of options we decided to take a drive to Thai Coins. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the food was great. Prices were great too so do yourself a favour and check them out.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I always love going here for dinner.
Although have been disappointed with the last two takeaway meals. Last week and again tonight. Pad satay chicken there was not alot of chicken and pad satay Prawns were terrible. Prawns very mushy and powdery. They tasted terrible.
Very disappointed.