Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
talltaff
Singapore, Singapore

Not impressed

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Jan 2024via mobile
This was not a very pleasant stay.

There was an air conditioning vent right outside the door to the room in the corridor and was incredibly noisy. The hotel had no other rooms available that we could move to so I had to go and buy ear plugs (which only helped a little bit) the next morning. We did not sleep well the whole stay.

The room was also right by the housekeep closet which again was noisy in the morning and also messy as housekeeping left the door open and on couple of occasions blocked the door to our room with carts and equipment. Housekeeping also walked into our room without knocking one morning which was quite rude. No hand towels were provided which I found very annoying. The drinking chocolate in the room was put of date.

The small room keys provided were annoying and easy to misplace. There is an app you can try than includes a room key but it didn't work for us. The app wasn't very helpful in any other way either.

There was no view from the room. It looked on to a maintenance room. I liked the balcony which was useful when it wasn't raining but needed more furniture as only 1 chair was provided. Quite pathetic.

The two pools were not heated and too cold in winter to use. We saw one family attempt to use a pool but gave up quickly.

The breakfast buffet initially looked good but after 4 days it was the same offering with very little variety. Even though this hotel is located in an area abundant with tropical fruit the only fruit offered every day was apples and melon. That was really disappointing.

Would not stay at a Crystalbrook again based on this experience.
Date of stay: August 2023
Room Tip: Try a different hotel
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Responded 1 Feb 2024
Hi talltaff,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Crystalbrook Flynn. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations in a number of areas. Wherever possible we do try and arrange room moves to accomodate our guests. I will follow up on this to see why this was not possible during your stay.

We value your feedback and your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments to see where improvements can be made.

hope that you choose to stay with us again and give us the opportunity to provide a true 5 star experience.

Front Office Manager
    AU$204
    AU$208
3.1 km from Crystalbrook Flynn
View more hotels in Cairns
All reviews sea king urban room through luxury escapes esplanade tower exceptional hotel master room designed rooms yoga mat amazing bed hotel including thoughtful touches girl on reception sea view very clean hotel shower pressure coffee machine light switches
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2024 via mobile

Beautiful views from our sea facing room of esplanade, Ferris wheel, ocean and national park, cool property but the service is what stands out most - left my computer behind and they called me right away and sent it in taxi to airport! Trip saver, thank you!!

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jaydev Walia, Guest Services / Front Office at Crystalbrook Flynn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2024

Hi Kirstin,

It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us at Crystalbrook Flynn and we were able to save you the hassle of chasing a laptop down during a holiday!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 December 2023

This was my first stay at Flynn, but my gazumteenth in Cairns. Purpose was post a resort island stay.

What Flynn? Last year’s Riley didn’t cut the mustard, Flynn was getting good reviews and all my other Crystalbrook stays had been great

Booking: snagged a special deal for a Seaview King. All online and easy

Check In: Wow, bags carried for me. Process simple and previous other property issues acknowledged.

Room: Unfortunately my tablet was flat, slightly off the charge point. Not a fan of the twins together as no topper. Why oh why? Nice little bottle of red as a welcome with a cute message on the mirror. High floor so nice and quiet. Rooms are not huge, but perfect for the stay.

Pool: There are 2 and so many spaces to sit, lounge around. Love love love this. My early morning swim and read by the level 1 pool was perfect. Only issue was finding the towels. Also on this level are 2 guest showers. Perfect for that late flight. Huge shout out to Jayden who personally helped me find the towels

Dining. Had planned to possibly do room service as I wasn’t up for a fancy meal. Boardwalk Social was a little too social for me. Ate just up the corner at YiaYias. Food ok, service good. Hadn’t really planned on doing breakfast but at $35 it was good value. No egg station but the poached egg was perfect and I was able to make my own version of a Benny. Coffee was still an auto machine, but was almost drinkable. Plenty of fresh fruit etc. Service was excellent

Location: Yes, it is in a busy part of town, but views were great and it is convenient to a huge number of dining and shopping options.

Stay again: Yes!

Date of stay: December 2023
1  Thank GurusW
Jaydev Walia, Guest Services / Front Office at Crystalbrook Flynn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2023

Hi GurusW,

Thanks for such a detailed review, definitely some valuable feedback there which we greatly appreciate. We take great pride in the service we provide so this recognition is very rewarding.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2023 via mobile

Our room was wide and clean with a comfortably furnished balcony.
At anytime you can communicate with the front desk with a tablet.
The shower,the wood floor,the coffee maker.... Everything is top notch!
The location is perfect,close to everything,5 min away to the Esplanade.
We will come back!

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi ferridkheder,

Thanks for the top notch review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Crystalbrook Flynn and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 November 2023

Stayed here for 5 nights - excellent in terms of location, there are many restaurants within walking distance, the esplanade boardwalk is right at the hotel, and you're 10+mins by foot to the fleet terminal and railway station (to take the train to Kuranda).

Room was new, spacious, although the shower could be better (the bathroom is a little tiny and water gets everywhere after a shower). Loved that they had comfy bedroom slippers.

Pilar (?) was very helpful - I had my flight cancelled just hours I was due to depart and she was sympathetic. They were quite strict about check out timings, but I managed to check out at around 1pm.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Flynn Management, Other at Crystalbrook Flynn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2023

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an amazing review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your five nights with us in Cairns. I am thrilled to hear that Pilar was more than helpful and made your stay even better. We appreciate your feedback regarding the bathroom and will definitely pass along the information to the relevant department. We can’t wait to welcome you again!

Reviewed 13 November 2023

I had a sea king room on level 9 right in front of the ferris wheel. I loved the room and the view was fantastic. The room was comfortable, had a fantastic rain shower in the bathroom and a coffee machine & pods. The hotel does not accept cash anywhere so you must have a credit card. I stayed 2 nights and thought the location was excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ging466

Hi. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our modern facilities during your two nights with us at Flynn! We do have quite a spectacular sea view and we are glad you loved it. The Flynn team hopes to see you again in the near future XX.