“One of our best meals of 10 days in Cairns/Palm Cove and eating out every night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mecca Bah - CLOSED

Mecca Bah
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife and I had enjoyed Mecca Bah in Melbourne so came here last Saturday night and loved it.
We had one of the lamb dishes in cooked in the tagine after eating some dips and home made Turkish bread and thought it was one of the best lamb dishes we've ever had. With great cocktails and a nice wine list, and friendly attentive service we thoroughly enjoyed our night. All on the Cairns waterfront. Couldn't be better!

Cairns, Australia
“Great location, great food, but ordinary service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

We went with a group of friends on a Saturday night. The restaurant is in a perfect location right on the boardwalk overlooking the water and the boats. The meals were fantastic and the Middle Eastern flavourings were just right. Felafel balls, pide bread/pizzas, and a vegetable couscous tajine were all just about perfect. The service, though, leaves a lot to be desired, and we had heard this from other friends who had eaten here previously.
Overall, great food and ok prices, but not great service.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Lovely!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

We had lunch here. They were great to my son, took him off to show him his pizza being made. The food was beautiful & the location is great too.

Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“second visit....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

A week before I had been here with my husband and had a really nice time with no complaints whatsoever. I enjoyed being able to taste the different food from afar. The service was friendly, So naturally a week later thought I'd suggest it as a place to go with friends. With a group of four I was somewhat amused at what was to come. We ordered the banquet which was for a minimum of four. So in that banquet we received a plate with ONE skewer of chicken, tHree pieces of squid, 3 pieces of the bread to dip... Overall I thought it was a bit silly to say we needed a Minimum of 4 BUT serve many dishes with a serve less than 4! It is a test of 'sharing' which may be appropriate in a primary school setting but not at a restaurant where you pay good money for someone else to 'share' it. Might visit again if they fix up that vital mathmatical problem.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kathy1932
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Had a fabulous meal here. Couldn't fault a thing.The food was fresh and tasty and there was a great selection to choose from. We were greeted with a smile and a warm welcome and the staff looked after us all night. I was a little dubious because of some of the reviews here, but having been a restauratuer myself I know you can't please every one all the time. I'm certainly glad I didn't let this stop me from trying it for myself and would definately go there again.

• Visited December 2011